Jump to content

IH8TOADS

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    3,618
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by IH8TOADS

  1. Yeah when I was looking for a car my old man was like "no way your having a T" (he's a DP at ford so got me a car cheap). Anyway cos of my driving history he said if I get insured he'll get me a T cheap. Anyway ended up paying $1270 for a 05' T insurred for $37000. I have crashed 3 cars and didnt have a licence when I bought the T. Most insurance companies wouldnt insure me and I nearly fainted when SGIO said $1270. Classic, proved all me mates wrong. GO the youngsters!!!! Oh yeah im 23 too!!! 24 tomorrow!!!!
  2. IH8TOADS

    Tuning A New Car?

    Definately wait. My engine is to be replaced soon (2500kms) and one thing they asked me is if I had tuned it etc. Also I have some gearbox/clutch vibrations/noises in 1st & 2nd when accelerating at low revs. I reckon wait unless your loaded and can afford to replace parts!!!
  3. Mmmmm brembos.
  4. Gooday mate, I was speaking to the dudes at ford (as you know my engine is being replaced soon too) and they said modern engines basically dont have much of a run in period. I would keep revs below 4500rpm and dont use cruise control. The trip would be a good run in for it as long as you vary the revs. Ie keep at 110 but just change between 4th, 5th and 6th. That should be fine id say. Then again im no mechanic!!! I personally would not worry about it too much.
  5. Cheeky damn typhoon owners!!!!! I'm 1 power ball away.
  6. Mmmmm. I average 16-17L /100kms after 2300kms from new. Worst average was 27L/100kms, best was 16/100kms. I use whatever 95/98 ron I happen to stop at. Results from people using exclusively unleaded would be interesting, though I personally would not recommend it from what ive read/heard.
  7. That is a possibility. That has happened to me twice now. I had an almighty scream from the front left wheel.....ended up at Expensive Daewoo and they found it to be a small piece of blue metal. same thing happened again about a year later and it took me about 2 hours to get the bugger out. As the rock was moving around in there, the noise would come and go.
  8. ha classic I just wrote the same as tubo6man and then read his post!!! Just dont let your wife/girlfriend drive it in the first place and you wont have the clunk and have to put her in the boot. Off to ford I'd say, and try for warranty.
  9. 6sp clutch is different to 5sp....heavier. Drive a late lodel mustang and you will realise what a heavy clutch is!!! 6sp clutch is fine in my opinion. Oh and auto kick down in the wet would be a safety issue, this nearly killed me in a VL commodore.
  10. Have a 6sp. Drove an auto for a day 2 days ago while mine was being looked at for factory problem. Tough choice. For speed go the auto, but for control go the manual. I found that the 6sp felt very heavy initially, but after 2000kms its really nice now. I think its more a matter if you want an auto or manual, dont worry about the quality of each - their both seem OK. Follow your heart mate!!!! Oh the T in manual form is a truck compared to rex's I have driven!!!
  11. I'll be in. Missed out on dyno day cos I was scared to dyno the engine when it had 600kms on the clock. Pitty cos that engine is being replaced under warranty!!!! Anyways im keen.
  12. Engine is being replaced. 2100kms on clock. Very happy.
  13. Ford have changed the oil and filter (15w40) and I have to monitor oil consumption for another 1000kms. Compression in all cylinders was good. Ford changed oil as they think the wrong stuff might have gone in from factory?? We will see!!
  14. Don't worry about the heavy gear box. I have just run in my 6sp and it started off just like you described. But after 2000kms it feels really nice now. You won't be disapointed!!!
  15. Swanga I noticed from other posts that your in Perth. What dealership replaced your engine??
  16. Dropped it into ford this morning. They wanted to refill it and monitor consumption (that was the service advisors comment). Then when I was watching the mechanic refil the oil I spoke to the head mechanic dude?? and he said hell no and told me to ignore what the service advisors say as they are *&^%$##^. They now have the car and are doing tests to find out what is wrong. They gave me another turbo to drive so all is good.
  17. Back from dealership. Its going back on monday to be sussed out properly. Ford say it's got a serious problem and definately should not be that bad. Hopefully get a new engine.
  18. have a new XR6T with 1700km's on the clock. In 1000km's it used 4L of oil. Took it to the dealership they filled it up to spot on perfect again. They said to bring it back in 1000kms to observe oil usage. 450kms later and its below the refill line. Car was treated very nicely for the 1500km run in. Ford say that if oil consumption is still a problem at 10,000 then a new engine will be on its way under warranty. On my way back to ford this arvo. Oh there are no leaks and no smoke?? Yes I have a mystery oil thief. Anyone had this problem?? Cheers.
  19. Ahhhhh spewing. M6XR6T dynoed his car after 600km's. I probably had done 1000 by sat. Pi$$ed off. Anyways I'll definately bring myself and the T along for the next event. I am keen to perve on some of your T's and get some dreaming going on. Maybe I won't get on the pi$$ the night before too so I actually wakeup. Damn it. Nice photos guys they look rad!!
  20. Gooday I'm new to this forum (and to owning a T). I am confused!! Is there another dyno thing going on at D&T?? My T has only done 940km's so I doubt it would be run in enough to dyno??? However I would be keen to come and check it out for some technical info etc. cheers Brendan.
×
×
  • Create New...