Jump to content

2fardown

Member
  • Posts

    526
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by 2fardown

  1. External wastegate hey. Would love to see some pics of this too! hiddeous: I think he means an upgraded actuator but who knows?
  2. Looks like such a valuable member of society....
  3. Sounds good. What's the quality of the fibreglass like?
  4. Very nice. Love the white engine bay... Mine's black but my car's blue. Love those Brembo's too.
  5. I had mine replaced under warranty. If I were you I would get it done ASAP. The coolant can and will leak into your auto cooling system, pumping water through your transmission. Spoke to the local auto transmission place in town and he mentioned he has done roughly 20 auto rebuilds because of dodgey Ford radiators.
  6. I have had 3 custom tunes from 3 different tuners and have not seen any difference in fuel economy. I would like to but...
  7. Mine's the same. The belt is also wearing away the plastic pillar... Great quality
  8. That's all I get. Get used to it mate, quick trips will guzzle the juice.
  9. I'm pretty certain Adam's 9.9 second run was with the stock turbo. Plenty of 10 second cars running the stock turbo without gas.
  10. They aren't genuine leather but they look OK.
  11. I haven't had a good look at it but I'm sure you could secure it much better than rubber mounts that cost $40 with some basic bolts / nuts / washers!
  12. $40!!! You have to be joking.
  13. I would temporarily fit a fuel pressure gauge in the cabin. When the problem is occurring, take note of the pressure. This will tell you a fair bit about what's going on.
  14. A mate of mine just bought a TT. Dave has worked his majic on it and it absolutely hawls... I was amazed
  15. Nice results. I was contemplating purchasing the piping kit.. looks like it's a worthwhile mod. Congrats cracking 300!
  16. Forgot about the boost curve, damn. I'll grab it next I'm there, could be a while though. From memory it started pretty close to 15 and tappered off to 13.5~ psi.
  17. Forgot to mention. All the tuning was perfomed by Dave (blueboost) at CPV!
  18. Today I had my car dyno'd for the first time in a few years. My tuner does all the tuning on the road, which in my opinion is the best way. First run pulled 299 rwkw, followed by 2 more runs which resulted in 312.7 rwkw after a bit of tinkering. Mods are: Bosch 968 injectors Water / Methanol injection Gutted cat (rest of the exhaust stock) Nizpro valve springs 9 psi actuator Wog cooler (one of the first prototypes) Auto is completely stock too. This is as far as I want to go for now, otherwise I will just start breaking things. On the 13th of July I will put it down the strip again, should comfortably run 11's all day. I'll even let the girlfriend have a crack. Apologies about the quality of the pics. How about that torque curve! Quick video of the run:
  19. So kids, cops don't lie because Beaker says so.... Right, don't insult our intelligence. Next he'll try and tell us they don't break the law either....
  20. I would try the edit to increase your line pressure. Mine was a little slow to shift into reverse, though this was all rectified using the edit.
  21. Repairable? Would hate to be the poor sod that buys this *if* it gets repaired.
  22. You'd be best off trading it in for one already equipped. Ninka I believe has performed this conversion at a bit of a cost.
  23. Finally some competition for CAPA. Will be interesting to see what the tuners have to say about the software.
  24. You don't need a hoist. I did it with the car backed up on a pair of ramps. The trick is turning the section of exhaust so it comes out up over the diff. EDIT: Acutally I may have also used a trolly jack under the tow bar to get some height.
  25. What brand wheels are they? Look sweet gold, is that how they came or did you paint them?
×
×
  • Create New...