rapid6turbo
Member-
Posts
56 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by rapid6turbo
-
The tuner is pretty good, has a 9 second Barra Falcon. So 3" is the same size as stock dump pipe? When you say 5" cat do you mean the body or inlet & outlet size?
-
I think I'll give the water injection a go, be interesting to see how it performs.
-
I have a water meth injection kit sitting in the shed & been thinking of installing that to keep IAT's down while still using the existing cooler. Any thoughts?
-
Would going to a 3.5" dump and larger cat make that much difference?
-
I rang the manufacturer about the cat pipe and its a 100 cell 3" http://www.advanceheaders.com.au/site_files/319/turbo_pipes/TBA3CSS%20-%20Lrg.jpg
-
-
Parnell / Prins vapour LPG system. Was already installed when I bought car.
-
I bought the car with most of the mods, but had bigger fuel and LPG injectors installed, so had tune touched up. 275rwkw was the most they could get out of it. It has a LPG computer so that was also tuned along with factory ECU. The tuner said as the air temps had gone up that's when it stopped making power, the dyno graph goes up then flattens off. I'll post up pic. From what I've read the stock cat back exhaust should handle 300, and also heard of people with 300 using the monza ebay coolers. Your help is appreciated.
-
Hi all, I've got a '05 BA MK2 XR6 Turbo, 4 speed auto. Mods are: 60lb injectors Crow heavy duty valve springs 3" dump pipe with divorced wastegate (Advanced brand) 3" cat converter - unknown cells (Advanced brand) Ported wastegate flapper mod 12psi Actuator Larger intercooler unknown - maybe Monza / wog style, uses factory piping Stock cat back system Walbro fuel pump K&N filter with 2nd snorkle Plugs gapped to 0.8mm New coils New boost solenoid New TPS It's making 275rwkw on 98 fuel and same with injected LPG, was hoping for 300rwkw. So what parts are holding me back??? Thanks
-
Wa Maintenance Day Take 5
rapid6turbo replied to Krazy Kyle's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Was a great day, got to meet fellow forum members. Good food & drink, thanks for the hospitality. -
Wa Maintenance Day Take 5
rapid6turbo replied to Krazy Kyle's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Would I need to bring much in the way of tools? -
Wa Maintenance Day Take 5
rapid6turbo replied to Krazy Kyle's topic in Western & Northern Australia (WA, NT)
Charge oil and filters in engine and transmission. Install new bonnet release cable, mine broke Install new slotted brake rotors and pads -
PM'd you Jet
-
I live in country SA, doesnt throw check engine light. Had battery off over the weekend but no difference. Boost solenoid is brand new, getting constant power I'd need to check that. Shaft play is pretty minimal, spins very freely - takes about 30 seconds to wind down after engine is switched off. This is a BA 4 speed auto, but can check for oil blowby. Spark plugs are about 4 weeks old, the old ones were a bit dark but look normal to me. Workshop I took it to said coils were okay, but I'll probably need to take it else where to get sorted. I'm happy to spend $$$ on my car, just dont like getting ripped. Cheers mate
-
Yes, was tuned with stock actuator. That was the setup that made 205rwkw, not 270rwkw of 2 years ago. It's bugging me so trying to get it sorted. All help is appreciated. Cheers
-
Can you please explain?
-
Not wanting to sound silly, but it was running 12 psi with the old actuator & boost is controlled electronically. Putting on a 12 psi actuator to me would be the same. Am I wrong?
-
Are valve springs really that bad?? 2 year life span. It just doesnt sound right.
-
Visually the cat looked fine, dunno how to test its flow??
-
I called the original tuner and he said check for blocked / collapsed exhaust etc. So put it over the pit, took the exhaust system off and ran straight out the dump pipe, no cat attached. although very loud still way down on power. Yeah, think I'll have to travel some distance to get it sorted. No retune for wastgate mod or actuator, is that really required? Traction control never kicks in. I still get good fuel economy though Cheers
-
Ok, sounds interesting. Valve springs were fitted Jan 2011. I bought the car 6 months ago, so has always felt that way. Mine seems doughy aswell, can't even stall it up to spin the wheels, doesnt chirp 1st, 2nd shift. Surley valve springs would last longer than that??
-
Hi All, Having some issues with my 2005 BA Mkii xr6 turbo. Mod on the vehicle before I bought it: crow HD valve springs ngk plugs gapped to .75 upgraded intercooler walbro intank pump 2nd cai mod k&n panel filter 3" advanaded divorced dump pipe 3" advanced cat (not sure on cpsi) 36psi (Expensive Daewoo v6) injectors @ 4 bar is about 38psi HP tuners tune for 12psi So took it to local dyno shop, I live 250km from where it was tuned originally (made 270rwkw 2 years ago) Now making 205rwkw on 12-13psi??? what the They had trouble connecting to the ECU and got stuffed around there for a few weeks. Then was going to the airport and passed the original tuner on the way, he diagnosed it as faulty, boost solenoid, wastegate actuator, or waste gate flapper. They checked over tune and said it looks fine. Took for a test drive and was making boost then loosing it quickly so I thought the diagnosis to be fairly accurate. So went and replaced solenoid, still the same. Next ordered billett 12psi actuator, and while the turbo was off thought may aswell port the wategate out. Put it all back togther and it kinda better, but still way down on power. can not even spin up the wheels with traction control turned off. tested for boost leaks, replaced clamps and still the same. So why has it lost approx 70rwkw???? Any help is appreciated. Hope I havent missed any detail
-
Cheers for that
-
Just wanting to check which port on the wastegate solenoids goes where?? Took them off my XR6 and can't remember which way the hoses are connected. See pic attached Any help is appreciated. Cheers
-
270rwkw Yes has tune, upgraded intercooler, dump pipe, cat, injectors, fuel pump and valve springs
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.