-
Posts
181 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by whizzer
-
hey rob.... I think I have seen it.... next time I willl have to pull over. I cant believe how many of these things there are around here!!!!
-
hey cam, if you live at wello, where do you hide your car???, its not one that can be missed!!
-
how about a little toothpaste... sounds funny, but its like a very fine abrasive cleaner... we use it on dive masks when they are brand new to clean the glass from manufacturing scum !
-
Hi guys.. sounds good to us and to waxy too.... hey ed.. if you want to you can meet up with us at our place at birkdale... pretty much on the way for you... get the threesome back together!!!! 20th is about the best day for us.. we were worriedcos on the 26th we have afishing trip . see ya
-
Heard mine doing the same thing just last week. 9000 k. on the clock.. nott too concerned about it yet, I will see what develops
-
Sounds good ian..... will be there all going well !! might even be there at he end too !
-
Hey guys... any pics from the speed hogs up front???
-
I was told they are cleaned but not polished..... stands to reason I guess cos u dont see polish on the plastics!!!
-
Tricky one.. they all have their good points. the first car is always special, mine was a RX2... great fun , very chuckable,and driven very hard. then there is the monaro, brought it home on the back of a trailerand asked the wife if I could have a hobby.... she said fine-as long as its stamp collecting, then I showed her half a car on a trailer... oh oh Dont laugh, but my little 180B SSS was fun as well, not quite up with a 429, but still fun.... as was all the commodores, but my pick of them would be the ole VL turbo. there is something about a turbo!!!!!
-
hi guys... I have found the meguiars to be quite good too. on their web site they have the RX plan, where you can type in details of the car, and rersults you want and it will tell you products and methods to use. very handy!! I sometimes use the orbital buffer, but I cant say I notice much difference between that and doing it by hand, except you build up a bigger thirst doing it manually..
-
this whine... did it sound like this??? Slow down, youre going too fast, look out for that car etc. ????????
-
-
Hi guys... thanks for the day. Quite enjoyed it , even though we did have that minor stuff up... better luck next time. you guys must have caned it up the hill to be so far ahead when u got to maleny !!!!.. have a few pics of the three of us, but here is one as a teaser
-
The zoom mag I saw , the workshop hack... or later... ute was getting twins on it
-
Well here is my first real warranty claim. I have been smelling fuel lately around the car, and just thought that the wife overfilled the car, however a funny little stain appeared under the car. The result..... new fuel tank in a couple of days. Seems where the pipe enters the tank, can be a problem, the service guy said "the second one he has had in the last few weeks!". So guys, if you smell fuel, have a little look.
-
I have used a similar product from meguires, I found it a bit fiddly to use, but it did take off those hard to remove bug splatters etc.... 50 bucks from memory
-
that will be myself with the wife and the two girls... as well as the neighbours XR6T, with the same numbers... c'mon waxy, introduce yourself !!!
-
Sounds good... I will have to check dates with the social director !!!!!
-
Well guys .. it amazes me with ford ... the differences in same model cars, cos my 17's have factory lock nuts. Is it just mine or do others???
-
Hi guys.. it was a fun day... one of the guys at work was getting married and had hired a magna for the week (the rental mob wouldnt give him anything else because of his age!), and understandably his now wife wasnt too keen on the idea of having that as a wedding car.so I offered and it was duly taken up. I reckon the bridesmaids were a great contrast to the acid rush... should have seen them in the flesh.. woo hoo. actually I would like to see a acid rush and a phantom side by side... I reckon the colours would go well together As for racing.... on a public road.. NEVER.. how ever I might have accidently left some other cars behind in my dust :D
-
-
-
Funny... my windscreen seal was scrunched up in the middle also... I thought it would have been a one off. But hey if that was the only thing I had to worry about I would be a happy man.. oh wait a minute.. I am happy
-
Well guys.. changed my oil today... 4 and a half thou. k.. thought discretion was the better part of valour, and changed the lot.. oil and filter. The only 15w 40 oil I could find was the GTX3 castrol, which is the oil grade recomended by the manual. Its good to get rthe hands dirty again!!!!
-
Hi Guys. When the mechanic came out for the 3000k service I had a good chat with him, and in his experience it seems the motor keeps loosening up all the way to the 15000 service, so it looks like we have some fun times ahead of us !!!!!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.