Jump to content

BenDoCo

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    4,509
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Everything posted by BenDoCo

  1. You BETTER make sure the Santa looks after the kids (& your Mrs) as well Angel.... OK, so a couple of pics of the install \/ \/ \/ The power supply is just stuck on with some el'cheapo double sidded tape atm to make sure that it's in the right place, I.e. the red LED isn't in my face at night and where it is in the pic is good for me as the steering wheel covers it. You can see where he cable-tied the cig connector for a 'just in case' situation. And this is a shot from the dash-cam with the update installed. As you will see in pic 1, I tried to get the cam as centred as I could and looking at the speaker mesh on the A-pillars in this shot, I did pretty well....... Another couple of things that I've noticed with the camera.... it does get a bit warm. I had it running all day yesterday leaving the car in the Sun (23c max here) to fill up the SD card and checked the cam a few times......warm - NOT hot. Also, now that I've done the sub fix, http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/74886-fg-sub-fix I'm pumping Nova therefore I have turned the Mic Off as the recorded sound of the sub isn't good and makes each file slightly larger and also I noticed that it drops the video quality a bit.........turning the Mic off in the settings is a good thing really as people don't need to hear me bopping away to Flo Rida or Bruno Mars
  2. glad I'm not a woman any more
  3. ^^whs^^ As I wrote in my post, once you get it fired up the first time, hit http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.asp?mode=view&serboardsort=29&page=1&idx=1035&search=&searchstr= and download the new firmware to your comp and put the dash-cam SD card in and load the update..... Does help
  4. pics of what? kfc or subway?
  5. don't wanna talk about that cake coz I thought YOU made it..........lol next subject
  6. ^^^ I've done that...
  7. teeeeeeeeeeeeth - excellent it'll start hurting soon Fluff and I don't mean his gums...........hehehe
  8. So I installed the BlackVue yesterday arvo - got the local auto sparky to wire up the constant power supply for me just to make sure it was done properly and he was a bit scetchy about where he tapped into the power (1 goes to constant power and 1 to acc). Made a quick mention of the phone power leads behind the consol but I'm not really sure. I turned the camera on and it installed everything to the MicroSD card and started recording and to make sure it was pointing in the right direction, I fired up the Wi-Fi on the phone, connected to the cam and checked the 'Live View' and adjusted the cam for the best view. When I got home, I put the SD card in the laptop to check the recording and it was very good so I went onto the blackvue website and there is an update for the camera. The firmware update has "somewhat" fixed that pixelating problem that has been mentioned above, as the camera will now record 1080 @ 10 Mb bit rate....quite a bit better in fact. So driving around during the arvo and evening to test it out, I am very pleased with the quality and I'm sure will pay for itself in the event of a no-fault accident but 1 thing that I'm not real keen on is the viewing angle of the lens in it...at first I thought that the wider the better but it's obvious that to make the viewing angle wider, they have curved the lens therefore "things that appear in the camera lens are closer than they appear" but as Shrekus said above, it's a good thing to have just to cover my @ss
  9. I wish you the most enjoyable afternoon of relaxing sir and hope the little ones rest well... Fkcu this nicety sh!t It's giving me such a headache
  10. German Cake Shop... Between Shell and the Toyota dealer Very nice place
  11. Not good at all freeze....and I'm not talking about your cooking skills. Keep us informed yeah
  12. Hi Sir Jizard How are you on the fine Wednesday afternoon?:D
  13. Coffee at the GCS sounds good mate let me know
  14. what'cha reckon johno 1 for you and 1 for me?
  15. I go for a drive for half an hour to check the dash-cam at night and all hell breaks loose in here I did laugh at the gaymaster bit Dazz and it looks like I got a bit of support from the BiZ and his earlobes the size of basket ball hoops As for you Jet.....................well all I can say is 'just remember that Fluff will tell me the answer to (almost) anything I ask her' can't find the really evil smiley so just pretend it's here.
  16. not ghay enough^^ keep looking
  17. OK so I'm the big black guy yeah am I allowed to say black guy?
  18. what have I missed? was at the auto sparkies gett'n the power supply for my dash-cam wired up..... 2 posts up Si......not loading - you looser Arrrrrr, the old Chinese Wand. Had a Mrs that enjoyed the wand
  19. <---- is looking at the stool at the breakfast bar wondering if the boys could turn it into a 400kw racer
  20. not being rude at all johno.........but thinking seriously 'bout buying a chair just so Jet & Dazz can mod it when they mod Fluffs new pram for mini Jet Could be fun. G'day Derty, welcome to the complete and utter nuthouse mate. Make sure you drop by this thread http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/792-new-members-thread/ and say Hi there as well. Have a good look through the site as you will find the answer to - almost - any question you may have about your new ride. This is actually the 2nd Edit: just had another look at the pic.......................................love those wheels on it Edit: Cheers jet thnx
  21. don't really watch South Park how do you take the drivers side A-pillar out so I can run a power line up to the windscreen?
  22. Got the camera and power supply delivered today and like all things that I tackle these days, it may take me a while to install it coz chicken sh!t & don't trust myself to do stuff like this these days so I sit and think about it for a while
  23. ^^cheers understand now
  24. oh dear mate 50 in the mid mate pull heaps of timing out mate oh dear 8f mate was that right? Edit: & wot da fk is timmy?
×
×
  • Create New...