-
Posts
48 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by 69FPV
-
Issues with rpm surging I have got 968 equivalent injectors, xede, walbro fuel pump, valve springs and cold air and although Im seriously loving the power now , when coming up to lights or just popping it into neutral and rolling, I get a surge in the rpm which gets bigger and bigger until it sometimes eventually stalls… Anyone else out there experienced these issues? Or know how to get rid of it? Also even when starting it sometimes it has a ruff idle… The above only happens sometimes, but it is really starting to me!! I here their is a v3 software upgrade for the xede that may eliminate it…??? Cheers Luke.
-
Yeah do tell... Whats this footwell lights about???? Ohhh and yeah, you cant go past the Premo sound!!
-
I Vote NO STRIPES on T's. Good move Gavin <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I too say NO to the stripes!!!
-
I think your torque figures might just be a wee bit to high! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Looking at the APS stats..I think you may be right. I'm just reading the figures off the print out they gave me - 914.8 Nm @ 3852 rpm 793.8 Nm @ 3446 rpm The sheet also says - Atmospheric correction applied:yes. Hmm. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I too would be questioning the torque figures dude, but good stuff! Now you have the taste of the potiental power, you'll want more real fast! Cheers Luke.
-
Are you sure about that ? Ken <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Im no mechanic, this information comes from Advanced Performance Center and RDP in Brisbane... I'd maybe not trust the first source, but would definitely trust the second...
-
........OOOooo that must of hurt <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hey that rim might be repairable???? NOT!!! Actually, if they are factory 18's, you should have one for a spare?
-
I have the 03 also and had the power surges that I think you talk of... Take it back to the dealer as that have a new computer software upgraded that seems to fix it.. If its not that, bad fuel is another that the T responds badly too... The grinding... well that buggeres me. that's another one for the dealer!! (Up side... "you won off the lights!!") Cheers Luke
-
Because the injectors are at 97% duty cycle in standard form, by removing the muffler increases flow which could potentially be making the injectors reach 100% and as a result it leans out and the engine light flashes... Doubt it will fix itself, these computers are designeed by Ford not to respond to mods. That’s my guess, not gospel... Cheers
-
Mines got it a bit in the rear when hitting bumps... Wouldnt call it a flexing sound, more so a slight knocking rattle... Really gives me the sh*ts at times..
-
Wheel spin in third? Stock T? I don't think so. Try clutch slipping in third mid track, it should be nice and hot by then. The fukcers slip when hot and a good launch and hard uptake in 2nd and third will do it. Good time though! What was you 60ft and launch RPM? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Yeah wheelspin in third, you will be suprised how easy it does it at full noise with bald cheesecutters on the back, I ran 18psi for most the day but just didnt help. My clutch wasnt slipping at all, which was great becasue it was my only concern.. Best 60ft time was 2.276, and in my quickest runs I was launching at around 3200 rpm.. like I said, perfecting my launch and eliminating wheelspin will generate a faster time. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Wheel spin in 3rd... sh*t I got 286rwkw in my manual T and I cant get third to slide with anymore then a chirp!
-
I think you'll find that to be incorrect, you can have the pump out of the car in a couple of minutes & re-fit the new one in a couple more. Scotty <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hey Scotty, Im getting the P2 this week and I have a walbro pump here to put in. I pulled out the std pump yesterday to change it but found that it wasnt an exact match... the base on the std pump has like a stopper on the base of itt, then the braket on the bottom of the pump locks it in... Q's 1. How did you around that issue with when the walbro is fitted their is no stopper so the pump can slide up? 2. did you replace the standard fuel hose from the pump to the top (approx. 3-4 inches)? 3. Did you use the original filter bag that the pump pushes into? Cheers Luke
-
Hey I 2nd that notion!!! Go the white!!
-
Big fella go the Phoon all the way!!! Although the TT8 sounds good in theory, on paper it will be a pig, constantly being fixed, no warrantee, hard to insure, and hard to sell(big deprecation). I have a mate with a turbo’d LS1 and the thing is off the road more then it is on!!! (but like ms700 said, the TT8 would really sound the part at full noise!!!!) Cheers Luke.
-
Mate, go for the aftermarket “autometer gauges! The standard ones are really sh*t, actually I would go as far as to say they are useless!!! You can get autometer gauges to fit that have a black carbin fibre background and silver outer edge. Fella a work with has an F6 and he is pissin off the std gauges for these.
-
JB, Mine has the drive line clunk and did have the diff whine, but on the 4th replacement diff the whine seems to be gone, but the drive line shunt is still very evident. Mines going in this week to Ford again to try again to rectify the problem, but Im not getting my hopes up... Which on Ford’s part is VERY sad, cause when we are spending our hard dollars on a NEW car, it should drive better the a freakin bobcat!! Actually its strange cause even with this ongoing problem, I still love the XR!!! I compare it to a chick that annoys the crap out of you, but ya just cant help but keep on going back for that sweet lovin!!!! Cheers Luke
-
No denying that!! BUT, give me two weeks and we’ll see how the T goes!!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> I think we might have a challenge!! Bring IT!!! (I may need to get some 4000’s for the back….)
-
Hi Owna. You need to check your pm box mate, twice sent now. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> What a guy <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Hey Owna, What are they worth? I was gonna get one of the SS ones, but hey the F6 one would be much better!! Cheers Luke.
-
No denying that!! BUT, give me two weeks and we’ll see how the T goes!!!
-
This is funny as!!!! Fiery little bunch!! Its like being trapped in a room full of b**ches, yet Im compelled to read on... :lol: The thread is slightly off track one would say, but hey its an interesting read with a cold beer... By the by, who's going to check out Qiksmurf's F6 ?? Any takers? Im keen to see it get into a 3rd gear line lock!!
-
It was dark, I couldnt see properly... well that’s my excuse and Im sticking to it!!!! Hey Birtch! Least my clutch works!!!! Bloody dodgy F6's!!
-
Yes you are right, the engine management will pick up that you are trying to do a burn out and retard the timing etc. hence the reason why the revs dropped. One of Fords wonderful little ways to stop us having fun!!! Their reasoning to obviously save the drive line and avoid us from taking it back to them under warrantee when it breaks… This happened to mine especially when I tried to heal toe it. The best way I have found to do a good skid is drop the clutch at around 3500 rpm floor it and then use your left foot to quickly stab the brakes then ease your foot onto the brake… Works a treat!! I give my clutch a bit of a hard time and it seems to be ok… Im sure once I add the computer, injectors etc… it wont be the case… Cheers Luke
-
Goldie, any idea on numbers? (appologies if I've missed it somewhere in the thread....) Luke.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.