Henry
Member-
Posts
180 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Henry
-
Hi Guys Just a few quick questions: 1) Who are the best flash tuners in Sydney? 2) Will the updates be available to existing flash owners and if so how do we get hold of them? 3) If I put larger injectors in it, can the edit be used to keep the trip computer in line?
-
What you havent had the cloud of black smoke pour out from under the bonnet too? Just wait for a while and start it again
-
Those of you with a 15psi Autotechnique gauge, can u tell me when and how much the needle swings? Mine only moves up to about 3-4psi when I am up around 4500rpm+ Shouldnt the needle move a bit under all acceleration conditions?
-
Try a product similar to Polaris Stonegard. Its practically invisible!!
-
Dropped mine off this morning for a whole new bunch of warranty issues and mentioned about the flat spots between 3000 - 4000rpm. I was surprised that I didnt get the usual "they're all like that" response, but rather it was already down on the service sheet to get the 309 reflash. So should I get the thing back this afternoon, (clutch is gone so they might need it for a few days) I'll let you all know how it goes.
-
Wow interesting, only 1 opinion. Come on guys, wots going on?
-
Congrats 1ute You got an auto or manual, Mk1 or Mk2 If you have a Mk1 manual, my experience tells me you better start looking for a beefier clutch. Enjoy
-
Thanx JB The car is stock except for the 2nd CAI. Its definitely slip, and is only happening occassionally when under heavy acceleration. Other times its just cos you have to let the pedal out so damn far. Yeah, gee I am looking forward to taking it in and getting the "they are all like that response"
-
Noticed on the weekend that I was getting an unusual amount of clutch slip. I paid attention to it for a bit and I noticed that I had to let the clutch pedal out to within about 1" of being fully out for it to engage in gears 2 thru 5. Taking off in first its probably a bit better. When I gave it a run and went 3 to 4 I noticed it slipped with the pedal fully out. My question is to those with T5s whether this is a normal amount of travel for this clutch, or whether you think there is something amiss. My car has 19500kms on the clock and while it gets the occassional boot full, its never been thrashed and never done burn outs etc. Appreciate your thoughts
-
Hi Scooter The parts I used from Jaycar are as follows: ZD0132 - LED 3mm Blue 3000mcd RR0568 - .5 watt 680ohm resistors (8 pack) As I said, the LEDs I used with these resistors may be a bit bright for some tastes and certainly a lot brighter than the factory switches. Enjoy, its a real buzz when you get that glow! Henry
-
Try this link http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=1583&st=0 If you read the thread you will come across the instructions posted by KIWI. Its really not a difficult task. I have got my non-premium up and running by following KIWIs instructions to the letter. Despite what you might read in the thread I didnt find any difference in the drivers switch between premium and non-premium. Used Jaycar 3000mcd 3mm blue LEDs and approx 650 ohm resistors. May be a bit bright for some though. Contact me if you need any help Good luck
-
Hi Geea My problem is that I have read the thread 3X now and am confused about the drivers switch. The thread appears to suggest that you need to rig up non-premiums differently to premiums. The question is whether you put the LEDs with negative left or right. I have put a Ford illuminated switch in there and it works even though my T is non-premium. When I disassembled the illuminated Ford switch the LEDs were negative to the left. (except for the bottom drivers window which was reversed). Appreciate any advice you may have.
-
I had the swooshing problem with mine. After 3 attempts, and an ineefective park brake every time they finally replaced the shoes. Apparently they warp, and they dont know why. Anyway, that was 4 months ago and all is well now. Does anyone on here know much about brakes? Just wondering if I went to the PBR performance brakes whether this means that the park brake is replaced as well, and also whether this eliminates the problem?
-
Yeah I have always had the downhill surge / jerkiness. I just accept it as part of the ownership experience.
-
Just a thought. Does it matter which way the air is flowing thru the T-section that is connected to the booster line?
-
Thanx for all your advice fellas I now have mine installed, the 20psi one and I must say I ahve the same experience as rednut. Turn the juice on and it jumps to 0. The only time the needle ever moves is when you really boot it, and then it only momentarily jumps to about 4psi. I must say this is a very disppointing product so far and I will changing it for a 15 psi one, and if that doesnt work....I'll be seeking a refund. Oh yeah, I have hooked mine up close to the manifold as advised by Autotechnique.
-
Yeah I asaked for the 15psi one as well and got the 20psi. Since my car is stock, this is next to useless. Got all the inside wiring done, just gotta hook it up to the brake booster line. I was told that you need to install the sender about 1 inch from where the booster line joins to the intake manifold. Not sure whether this is necessary to obtain an accurate reading, or whether its for appearance sake. I will follow the experts instructions though. However, installing it here will involve a bit of disassembling. As a matter of interest, where did you guys hook up for the power?
-
I went with the XR8 2nd CAI option as per GEEA. Works well
-
Geez Turbofalke This overboost thingy does not affect all cars, in fact from I have read only a small percentage of them. For the sake of your sanity, dont go looking for problems. I've had mine for 20 months and never a hint of overboost. My 1.2c worth
-
Common problem Mine has had it since new but Ford just ignore it. I find that if I dont shift it into 5 th too quickly its all OK. From what I read on here, my T5 is one of the better ones in terms of shift quality, especially so since I changed the oil to Transmax Z. For that reason I am loathed to try for another box. Good luck getting a new box under warranty!!!
-
Surprised there isnt a service bulletin or something on this. I had an ineffective swooshing handbrake and asked for it to be fixed twice at 2 different dealers. No charge either time, so it sounds like you guys are being diddled. After the second adjustment the thing just wouldnt work at all. Took it back and waited for 2 hours. Was told that this is a known issue and apparently the shoes warp but they dont know why. Anyway, they replaced the shoes under warranty and all is well.
-
Thanx guys The thing that is confusing is how I could get this much oil smoke on a dead cold engine that has yet to start. Just hope that whatever it is, it doesnt cause injury or death and that it rears its ugly head big time in the next 18 months. I.e. when the warranty expires.
-
For me the first time the car had been sitting for about an hour after a 10 - 15 minute run. The second time it was a first up morning start. I do seem to recall a bit of an engine sneeze on both occassions.
-
Very very interesting I have had a similar issue on 2 occassions this year, but I get black smoke for about a minute!! Coming from around the turbo area too!! The first time it scared the sh*te out of me, I jumped out of the car and moved well away for fear it was on fire. Yep that's how much smoke we are talking here. Like you it smells like something is burning, and judging by the colour I reckon its probably oil, but it just makes no sense to me. The second time I popped the bonnet and couldnt really tell where it was coming from except from in the general area of the turbo. Both times it started after a bit of persistence, ran a bit rough for about 30 seconds then no more problems. Everything is still working on the car and I can't predict when this will happen. The dealer has no idea what the problem is, as usual. I expect that at the first service after the expiration of the warranty that I will get a phone call and an estimate for a new this and that and $2K thanx!! Anyone know if Ford will be offering the extended warranties on these contraptions?
-
Hang about, I didnt think the Motor mag was due out until 10/11!!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.