Jump to content

DR1986

New Member
  • Posts

    16
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DR1986

  1. piece of cake
  2. any guides on here how to change injectors or is it that easy.... doesn't seem that straight forward from having a look around.
  3. I didnt think 3500 would be unsafe. Looks like ill be taking it to my tuner. Thanks for the responses.
  4. I plugged my code reader in this morning and found these errors after my BA XR6T shat itself last night. By shat itself I mean I was driving at about 3500rpm all of a sudden it makes a bad sounding noise then starts running like sh*t so I pull over and stop engine, turn engine back on and its fine. P0171 - system too lean (b1) P1227 wastegate failed closed (over pressure) P1131 lack of ho2s - 11 switches - sensor indicates lean (b1,s1) P1132 lack of ho2s - 11 switches - sensor indicates rich (b1,s1) I know it needs a tune because It has not had a tune since I put the new turbo back exhaust on, but I do have it back at stock tune for the time being. Should I be taking it to Ford to have it check for mechanical faults or should I be taking it to my tuner to have it custom tuned? Any advice would be great.
  5. Ok my bad, so this stays connected always, in the first post it looks as if it has been disconnected.
  6. My system is still stock, I havnt performed this mod yet but am thinking about it. After I have done everything in the first post does anything need to be done to what I pointed to in the picture? should it be blocked?
  7. One thing I cant find the answer to in this thread is what should be done with this... And are people blocking off the removed rubber pipe with a small screw/bolt?
  8. I re-gaped my spark plugs and its running fine now at 10psi. cheers
  9. all I really intend on doing from here is putting in a hi flow cat and maybe a cooler upgrade. to be honest I'm happy with the power its making or feels like its making @ 10psi / was making I don't wanna blow it up though
  10. What injectors should I be using for custom tunes 10PSI ect. Sorry for noob questions.
  11. Thanks for the advice, ill leave it at 8psi and on a dyno asap.
  12. why would it not happen and then start to occur?
  13. Its never been on a dyno so that would make it generic? I'm going to get it on the dyno soon but I wanted everything to be right before I took it. The flash tuner has never been tuned to my car specifically.
  14. Ive got a '03 BA XR6T with little mods. Cat back exhaust, growler cold air intake, SCT flash tune @ 10PSI Recently I have noticed the turbo seems to be choking or losing boost at higher revs, I don't have any gauges so its hard for me to tell whats going on, I have traction control off obviously, but it seems that the power is being cut out somewhere along the line. When I de-tune to 8PSI the issue doesn't seem to be there. Any ideas? Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...