FPV 521
Member-
Posts
989 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by FPV 521
-
I agree. The negative gets a bit much
-
FACT - 6 out of 11 posts by new member to the forum relate to a topic about whether stripes on an XR are rice......Someone has an ego trip happening. Maybe if you'd take the time to check out some of the threads relating to the topic of GT stripes on other models, then you'd be in a better position to claim "most in the forum agree" . You'll find the people here are not of the same opinion you claim. Mate it doesn't matter whether GT stripes are on a GT-P or an NA XR6, they look good on either cause they're the same car bar the wing. Got nothin to do with been a "try hard". It's more to do with making ya sled look good. And if you wanna debate what is rice, come to the Gold Coast for a weekend and check out the espy cruisin. That's where the rice is. And trust me, 18s on a stocko XT or stripes on a XR6 ute are most def not rice. Better still, goto www.ricecop.com and do some homework. I agree totally, his posts on Ford forums aren't much better, I think the ole GTP has gone to the head Just because some of us dont drive GTPs doesnt mean we can't afford them or we arent good enough to own them, more then likely we have better things to spend our hard earned cash on. Whats your GTP do that my XR6 doesnt?? Wow it does the quarter mile a few seconds quicker, uses about 8 litres more petrol per hundred kms, depreciates faster and finally uses lots of oil (in reference to GT 522 and 922, yes you had alot to say about that poor guy to!) :lol: I like your HgAg GTp, its a beautiful car so dont get me wrong. Everyones allowed to have an opinion which is what you've got, but why make a general census that everyone agrees with you, when we CERTAINLY do not! So I just disputed that fact Getting back on topic, as for the Stripes war I thought about putting them on my NA, but the finish was a little below my standard and I didnt particular wanna spend a heap of cash on something that might bubble / have to be taken off at a later date, as per most GT/ GTP examples I could find at the selling dealer.. They are positioned around the lower body of the car which gets the most road grime, tar and mud, so I dont really think they are the best option for someone like me who does a fair bit of outback cruising. I agree. The stripes have to be done properly. I had mine done with some good stuff which is matt black and hasnt bubbled. They also cut out the word turbo so it does look different. Out back they would get knocked around a bit. It is a good area for stone chipping and it does eliminate some of that.
-
I have stripes put on my Turbo and have had turbo printed into it and in my opinion they look good. I just like the look and dont class myself as a try hard. I just like the stripes and that's that. I dont have the stripes to pretend I am driving a GT I just think they make the car look how I want it to look to and couldnt care less what anyone else thinks. I like the saying each to there own. If its your car do what you want to it and it others dont like it too bad. There have to be some try hards in this world. There would be no humour if there wasnt.
-
what a pain in the that must be. They deserve to be Who ever did it is some jelous head. You must be Go and have a few you might feel better
-
Aftermarket throttle bodies for XR6T
FPV 521 replied to Falchoon's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I agree. I did big bore, throttle body, 4x bigger intake and new filters all at once. I got good results like you. Response is fantastic. Dont know how much power I got but it is noticable when you drive a standard one again. That price seems a bit high though. -
Thanks for that. will be interested in the "Cars" measurment. I take it you didnt have to replace or adjust the shocks. I know someone who had to do this in order to change springs. Was a jappa mind you. :lol:
-
I agree. I think they look like Each to there own though
-
Hello, Do you mind telling me what it cost? Also how long it took. I would like to get that done to my car. Do you have any code numbers or anything. I am in NZ so there wouldnt be many done. Interested to see how the car handles afterwards. Thanks Gavin I picked up my springs from another forum member. I think they are about $300 odd new (not fitted), try here to get more info: http://www.kingsprings.com.au/ I would suggest you search around, get quotes which will give you the right idea and direction to go. I do not have any numbers the only thing they indicated were that they are SL and SSL springs specifically for the BA XR. I got them fitted by Midas down the road from my house, believe it or not they were the cheapest at $200, that also included a wheel alignment, plus he put on another exhaust system I supplied at no charge. Everyone else I had quotes from were $300 plus, so he has my business from now on. As I said shop around for your springs, new or second hand as the prices vary, you may be able to get then sent over from Aus in the post then get them fitted by your own place over there. You must get a wheel alignment when you get it done as you are dramatically changing the camber/aligment of you wheels. Thanks for your help hot answer. Couldnt have asked for more. Is the ride any harder? I like the ride of the BA and dont want to get a sore backside like I used to in my old AU XR. Just one other thing. How many inches do you reckon the car has been lowered with those springs. Bit hard to tell as the light conditions are different in the äfter Photo"" you have put on. Looks like a couple if inches when you compare wheel arch views? Gavin :lol:
-
Hello, Do you mind telling me what it cost? Also how long it took. I would like to get that done to my car. Do you have any code numbers or anything. I am in NZ so there wouldnt be many done. Interested to see how the car handles afterwards. Thanks Gavin I picked up my springs from another forum member. I think they are about $300 odd new (not fitted), try here to get more info: http://www.kingsprings.com.au/ I would suggest you search around, get quotes which will give you the right idea and direction to go. I do not have any numbers the only thing they indicated were that they are SL and SSL springs specifically for the BA XR. I got them fitted by Midas down the road from my house, believe it or not they were the cheapest at $200, that also included a wheel alignment, plus he put on another exhaust system I supplied at no charge. Everyone else I had quotes from were $300 plus, so he has my business from now on. As I said shop around for your springs, new or second hand as the prices vary, you may be able to get then sent over from Aus in the post then get them fitted by your own place over there. You must get a wheel alignment when you get it done as you are dramatically changing the camber/aligment of you wheels. Thanks for your help hot answer. Couldnt have asked for more. Is the ride any harder? I like the ride of the BA and dont want to get a sore backside like I used to in my old AU XR.
-
That's the way!!!!!! Yip I like the NA as well. I had one for a day while my turbo was having work done on the SS Inductions kit. Nice car went really well and looks just as good.
-
Hello, Do you mind telling me what it cost? Also how long it took. I would like to get that done to my car. Do you have any code numbers or anything. I am in NZ so there wouldnt be many done. Interested to see how the car handles afterwards. Thanks
-
Hard chocie. Really nice colours out there. Mine is Venom Red and I like it. Makes the outline of the car show up well and it suits black GT stripes. Black looks good as well. That nice silver would be third pick. I think they look s### hot no matter what the colour.
-
I agree with Falchoon, but I also to have good and bad days. I think it's alot to do with temp outside, car temp and heatsoak (I.e city vs Hwy driving) and definately fuel. Checking the valve is a good idea however, anyone know how to do it? I agree. In hot weather you dont get the same performance. We are in winter in NZ and the car is going better than it does in summer. You can really hear that woooosh
-
what he said Get that turbo now if you can
-
That man Marcos is brilliant. Roll on Bathurst Thanks for the update. I am in NZ and although one of our TV channels has bought the rights for it, they dont show this enduro as it would interupt the news How F###ed up is that?
-
I is all car manufactures that use the same paints if you want to blame the paint talk to the do gooders that complain about the effects the older paints had on the envoiment as it is these guys that forced paint to be water base and not as tough as it was some years ago. This ford bashing for every thing that happens is getting abit on the nose. Ian I agree as well. The BA is a fantastic car, goes like hell and is the best looking car on the road. I view this site for ways to improve my turbo and to get some ideas. I have had a turbo for 12 months and havent had many stone chips. Stone chips are part of driving.
-
In October it will be that time again. Bathurst 2004 After a few years of losing is this year the year? After 2nd and 3rd last year surely it is? Favourite would have to Be Marcos Ambrose but if he doesnt which drivers and car will.
-
YIP When you say just the six cyl versoin , Is there another Turbo version of the XR 6. Or Is there an 8 out. P
-
Did you do the air intake, filters and exhaust at the same time? I went from standard and then added bore, induction,throttle body, filters and high flow cat and got good results. Other people were quite surprised as well. I guess if you had phase 2 and added throttle body you wouldnt notice very much. SS claim 8kw th the rear wheels from throttle body but you probably wouldnt notice it with that alone. Am looking at phase 3 after warranty runs out. Bet you have a lot of fun? Gavin
-
Did you do the air intake, filters and exhaust at the same time?
-
hello, Does anyone know of a bigger subwoofer for the XR turbo that can replace the factory one without modifying anything. Pretty much after a plug in and go type. With the wide range of these available now I would think there is one. Does any one have one? Thanks gavin
-
Great point didnt think of that. I wont waste any money on some. I was after some similar to actual car seat.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.