Jump to content

andreew

Member
  • Posts

    101
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andreew

  1. ^^^ agreed. What rims are they? I really rate them
  2. A better photo of mine
  3. Finally lowered the front! Lowered on SSSL King springs. I am really happy, it sits about flat, just need to be careful now not to scrape it everywhere. I changed the plates to my grandfathers old plates from the 60s.. Black background and white lettering. And yes they are the original plates! Considering putting them in FPV numberplate holders. Not sure. More coming soon, as I just ordered a Xforce exhaust !!! I'm about half way through.. 2 months to go!! Thanks mate sounds like it would have been me, I'm from around that area. The give away is the green P-plate haha.
  4. I'll be able to get better photos tomorrow as well as measurements. I'll be interested in the SSSSL's if you are looking to get rid of them.. Or even possibly a swap?
  5. Quick update. Got the SSSL springs in - thanks bellato, the car sits perfect! These photos were taken pretty much straight after the springs were changed, so it still has to settle. I'm very happy! But I kinda do want to go lower on the rear
  6. I'm guilty of not cleaning my leather after ages.. And people still compliment me on it. My wh*re of an ex used to fake tan till she looked like an oopma loompa and the leather still looks amazing after a quick clean.
  7. Suspended license lol
  8. Another vote for cashmere with black mats ! B*tches love the cream leather interior.
  9. Good to see another NA winter white FG G6E Dw I can't drive mine at the moment either
  10. ^^ Agreed. Still looks good though! Just ordered some sssl for the front :D
  11. Oops I double posted.
  12. I think I'll go for the SSSL front springs Because I know that if I go SSL I'll probably regret it. And I'll cut the bump stops probably tomorrow. Everyone should check my build thread for details
  13. Hate to double post.. But I couldn't sleep so I was creeping threads and realized that I'm sitting on the bump stops! Should I cut or buy shortened ones? And what would that do to the height and ride? I'm guessing if I cut them then I'll sit even lower lol
  14. very good looking T ! but get rid of those mudflaps... I must admit that they do stop all that dirt on the rear guards. you have SSSSL rears and those rims are 20" correct? mm decisions, to go for SSL or SSSL fronts? and to keep rear springs or go SSSSL rears?
  15. Any photos of how high yours sits at the front?
  16. I'm scared when I lower it I'll scrape everywhere :(
  17. Yeah Torana springs. I got them second hand off my mate. I have no idea what height they are compared to SSL or anything else. Here are some more pics. The black rims make it hard to tell. But the tyre sits under the guard, and all these photos were taken with an empty tank. And I'm yet to lower the front.. So there is a massive difference.
  18. I have the Torana King Springs in the rear. Love the height, never had any dramas from police or anything. Haven't lowered the front yet because lazy.. And I don't know what springs to use.
  19. I had a noise like this when I first picked the car up from the dealer.. Turns out I had a wheel lose. Take not even 5 mins of your time and check that all the nuts are tight
  20. Its been quite a while since my last update. Thought Id kill some time and post an update with lots of photos for you all. Firstly, I needed new rear tyres. They were horrible in the wet, and I struggled to keep traction. I already already almost had my car impounded for accidentally breaking traction in the wet, I didn't want to risk that again. It however meant that the whitewalls had to go on the rear, and that I had to also painstakingly scrub the front whitewalls away. I do however kinda prefer not having the whitewalls.. Im not sure, but I dont think the car stands out as much without them. The old rear tyres were a joke: And this is the car now, with no whitewalls: The rear is on the Torana king springs, with standard shocks, and I have never run into trouble with them. I have been inspected multiple times by highway patrol, and they never have said anything regarding height. Im still yet to lower the front, as im not sure which springs and how low to go. I need to lower the front though as handling is really sloppy, and I want the firm the front up. If anyone can recommend springs that wowuld be great (I will however miss not having to worry about parking too close and scraping on concrete) Heres a photo of the hight of the rear: And some snaps I took in my driveway while we were having good weather down her in Melbourne: I purchased a SS Inductions Growler Intake Kit off member 'CLuTZ'. It was nice meeting Dre, we had a chat and I think I made him late for work. It was good seeing another face from this forum. The kit was straight forward to install and took only afew minuetes. I was so amazed at the noise that the intake made, as well as noticable performance increases. I have noticed any change in economy, but that's probably because im driving the thing harder because that noise is almost addictive. Only thing is that im contemplating removing the stickers on the intake because im unsure how the reaction on police would be on a P-Plater with engine modifications. Before: The intake: The SS Inductions intake on the left, the factory on the right: The big mouth pod filter that comes with the Growler intake: (Im not sure if this is worth upgrading to a K&N pod filter, opinions would be good ) The final product: Afew days later I couldnt help myself, I had to purchase the matching SS Inductions Big Mouth Cold Air Intake Kit. Another product I highly recomend to any FG owner. I noticed further performance increases, especially mid-range. However I also noticed that it does quiten down the amazingly beautiful noise from the Growler kit. I purchased it brand new from an exhaust join in Ringwood, and they were happy to match eBay prices! The Big Mouth Kit: Easy to install in afew minuetes, even in partial rainy conditions lol: The massive surface area on the bumper where air is forced into the intake from: I am very pleased with the car so far. I dropped the oil and replaced it not so long ago. And I have some more updates coming soon. Im currently serving a 4 month license suspension.. So I have told myself that the money that would have gone towards petrol, will be saved and more goodies will be bought for my car. So keep an eye out! Thanks guys.
  21. A little off topic... But what's the best brand of fuel filter to run in the FGs? I'm thinking of replacing mine to ensure my girl isn't dirty in the piping department.
  22. Best of luck! Remember.. Lots of photos!
  23. Very interesting. Possibly a conflicting driver. Good luck with getting it sounding good! Keep us posted.
  24. I would be over the moon with 220rwkw! Now to be on the hunt for injectors. Are you running the stock fuel pump for e85?
  25. So the stock f6 injectors would be enough to put up with the increased flow rate of e85?
×
×
  • Create New...