Jump to content

hjtrbo

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    328
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    20

Everything posted by hjtrbo

  1. Tuner was very clear with their response. Couldn't have cried any poorer even if I was on centrelink. He wouldn't budge. Pcmtec didn't have to implement it. Hp tuners doesn't for example. $2k, I would have thought is ball park. He said $700 just for your basic single fuel tune with no custom OS mods. This is a flex tune so there is a fair bit of dyno time getting the maps set for the blending of fuels. Also running boost per gear so if you're familiar with pcmtec there is a fair amount of credits involved in that cost also. And extra cold start time to get the e85 right. I've done basic tuning in the past so have an appreciation of what needs to be done.
  2. I have already. No dice. Have to flash back to stock. Local tuner gave an estimate of $2k for a new flex tune. Pretty sh*t I have to pay this and am filthy with Pcmtec about this unfair feature. Logging with Forscan or any other tool gives the timing, fuel injector, boost profile, wideband logging for air fuel ratios also. They havent done anything special that any other decemt tuner couldn't do. Dont understand why it would be locked except to f%ck over customers. If it was a competition tune running against other workshops at the track or drags then fair enough, but for a canned 'stage x' daily drive package that every tuner offers its bullsh*t.
  3. Don't want to mention. If you know someone who can unlock without losing the tune please pm me.
  4. Righto... So that's the bit I'm hoping to avoid. PCMtec tune is tuner locked and I live no where near where the original tuner (lessons have been learnt on staying close for after sales care)
  5. Thanks guys. Will get the 3.5" ordered and keep an eye on the MAP data logs for the first few weeks.
  6. Hey all, good to be back in a turbo again. Picked up a FG MK1 XR6T ute with 330 - 400rwkw 98 to E85 flex tune in front of a standard ZF box with a true-trac rear end. Current setup is F6 turbo with flapper and actuator mod, process west intercooler and piping, 1000cc injectors, fuel pump, & valve springs. Has stock dump, cat pipe section is 3" with gutted cat and then into x-Force single 3.5" cat back system. What I want to know is how will I go with bolting on either a 3.5" or 4" dump pipe? Will that still cause boost spike issues? And if no, at my power level is 3.5" dump and 3.5" cat delete pipe more than enough? (No further power increase planned) Can grab some Forscan logs of MAP if that would help anyone in answering my question.
×
×
  • Create New...