Trav199
Member-
Posts
126 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Trav199
-
I ran a 10.97 with a 1.68 60ft on my time out in the ute..
-
hey guys I got some 20x10s on rear with 275 30s. and fronts are 20x8.5 with 245/35s. anyhow side on the back looks weird as the tyres look really thin. I have plenty of gaurd clearence just wondering what is the best option to go for a bit more side wall on rear?
-
hey guys.. im running 20x8.5 fronts with 245 35 tyres and 20x10 rears with 275 30.. im wanting a bit more side wall on the rear.. whats best way to go 275/35 or 285 30?
-
ill be bolting it together myself haha.. rito ill check them out..
-
Hey guys. Looking at building a motor to handle around 750rwhp. Wont be running the power daily. de tuned to about 600rwhp. Opinons on this.. -Spool short motor with forged JE pistons/apr head studs ect. -Cometic head gasket -atomic oil pump -atomic h/d timing chaing/tensioner what else is really needed.. I dont see any point in doing any head work with power im chasing. I already have valve springs. anyhow thoughts?
-
id be in.. bit of a drive from central qld but think I could rally a few cars together to come down..
-
full xforce 4" with 4" tip.
-
Gtx 35/82R.. Best Way To Go?
Trav199 replied to atomicyellowute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
I have never used a gtx3582r.. I personaly think and my tuner would agree that the gtx3576r is really more like a 370-380rwkw turbo.. We had to push it to make 400rwkw and squeeze the sh*t out of it to go 430rwkw. really this turbo was happy a 380rwkw.. I had 403rwkw with the standard F6 turbo.. Its hard to say what I liked better.. the gtx3576r is punchy and extreamly strong thro the mid rang.. But then fall over a little up top.. If you want a punchy turbo for street use and not worried if it doesnt make 400rwkw then id go the gtx3576r.(could be happy making more on E85) would pull some impresive 60fts with ease! If you want more I can only recommend the standard F6 turbo as I havnt tried the gtx3582r.. Mine with f6 turbo at 400rwkw felt like a jet though. Pulled hard to redline. -
Gtx 35/82R.. Best Way To Go?
Trav199 replied to atomicyellowute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
EDIT!! I lied about big figure it was actually 27.4psi peak boost on the big tune.. haha kinda scared us when it made that much.. only held 20 up top though -
Gtx 35/82R.. Best Way To Go?
Trav199 replied to atomicyellowute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
yer david sheehy tunes it.. we only made that much coz we smashed the boost hahaha.. really the turbo is good for 370-380rwkw daily.. should do this at about 18psi.. you can squeeze it a bit harder to make 400rwkw.. it really rocks in down low.. -
Gtx 35/82R.. Best Way To Go?
Trav199 replied to atomicyellowute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
hey mate I em currently trial running the gtx3576r... We have currently made 397rwkw with 20psi thro middle and tappering off to 18psi up top.. and 414rwkw with 23psi thro the midd tappering off to 20psi. And a max figure of 427rwkw with 25psi thro mid tappering off to 20psi.. The turbo is really strong down low and thro the mid rpm.. falls off a bit up top.. It spools quick!! -
Post Your Max 3540 (3582R) And Gtx3583R Power Figures!
Trav199 replied to Vevapower's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
yerr haha its got .6 front cover so should go 400rwkw.. only one way to find out haha.. might take you up on that GTEXXED.. should have turbo fitted by next weekend so should be retuned not long after 16psi actuator should keep the boost up there.. -
Post Your Max 3540 (3582R) And Gtx3583R Power Figures!
Trav199 replied to Vevapower's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
yerr we were so suprised haha.. dont drive it on the street like that.. went 339 about 4 times friday arv last week.. then next day at dyno comp went 335 then 442.. haha was stoked. We are currently going to see what power we can make out of a GTX3576 with .6 front cover.. If we could get 400rwkw would be a weapon on the street. -
Post Your Max 3540 (3582R) And Gtx3583R Power Figures!
Trav199 replied to Vevapower's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
standard gt35/40 (off FG f6) on BP 98 went 442rwkw @21-22psi.. Screwed up the boost for a bit of fun on the dyno.. Daily runs 400-410rwkw on 17psi.. Tuned by David Sheehy from CPV tuning. Most he has seen out of a 3540.. -
yer that turbo should see 480rwkw on pump.. mates running same turbo
-
so do I go 20 or 22 haha..
-
just used a wheel calculator and I think around +24 would be safe.. According to calculator it will extend about 30mm closer to gaurd and about 8mm closer to contor arm.. sound right?
-
FG mate.. around +20?
-
hey guys wanting to run 19x9.5 on front.. what offset and what tyres would you guys reckon?? im running 8.5x19 with +30 on front and still have a fair gap..
-
540rwhp and can still do the daily duties.. gota love fords..
-
still faster then you brendan haha.. that's all that matters
-
yerr haha I em getting a bit of heat soak.. after about 5 passes I let car sit for a bit before running again and picked up 2MPH. So maybe stage 3 cooler kit upgrade soon haha yer its a bit hit and miss with track prep.. Last time I ran I struggled heaps in 2nd.. Considering it was only 3rd time racing the car I was pretty happy. Not really to worried about times. I wanna make drive line bullet proof before I go pushing it to hard. as for rims im happy with 19s haha I wanted it to ride nice as well. haha plus a bit extra side wall for traction.. Honestly I cant say that I miss having 20s. haha I felt for what I wanted and how I wanted car to drive 19s were best option.. haha
-
how much power?? fg short is another option.. cheaper too..
-
your my hero... still for the mods/money spent id be wanting it to show more.. Not saying its slymeats fault. just saying somthing doesnt add up..
-
wow I have simlar mods make 403rwkw.. how come only 13psi??
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.