Jump to content

sam_rigger

Member
  • Posts

    246
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sam_rigger

  1. I have a short throw shifter, it's jut super clunky going from to second gear when in car parks etc. It's fine when the car is cold, but it's clunk clunk when gearbox gets hot, also has a heck of a lot of rollover noise even after Mal wood re shimmed it. I have tried EVERYTHING.
  2. I'm happy to confess it may be my lack of experience driving large sedans in manual, I just would prefer the ease of ZF in stop start traffic. Each to their own ofcourse, I still love the fg ute.
  3. Yeah I have just ordered a black xr50 ZF auto, trading in mine..... Wish I could get ego again but no such luck....
  4. yeh I'll check all that tomoz. thanks. I don't think its that though its coming from drivers side...
  5. I will work on that, Thanks for the tips. I'm probably still gonna sell it, but least this way I know there isn't anything wrong with it, it's just my driving.....
  6. yeah I'll give it a go, if not I'll trade her for an XR50 with a ZF. Unless someones after a manual....
  7. hey guys, I mean for just daily driving, I just can't get the hang of it. I think I'm going to sell it and buy an Auto. I really wish I had of bought a 6sp ZF. what revs should I be going to for daily driving? 3000k? I feel like whichever way I go, the box is noisy, and clunky...
  8. Hey Guys, I've had my FG XR6 Ute 6spd Manual for about 12 months now, and bugger me if I can change from first to second properly. I feel like I have to wait an eternity for the revs to drop to change gears, can someone give me some tips to get max efficiency out of the gearbox, I feel like every time I drive from 1st to second I rev too much and then wait ages til I can ease out the clutch. I know it's a clunky gearbox, but I just struggle to make a nice change without riding the clutch. Any help would be great. Thanks. Sam.
  9. oh well maybe it's the same as yours.
  10. Hey guys, I've got an fg manual n/a with extractors etc and I get a weird cabin noise when using the accelerator . Its like an air leak kinda noise, is that from the extractors? Its only when driving or revving the car. Any thoughts?
  11. Lockout when stationary? Should it be so loud? Other cars don't make that noise , even the fiesta zetec manual.
  12. Hey guys, is the clutch on the fg supposed to click? It sounds like a switch when u push in the clutch and when I take my foot off the clutch. Someone said to me it might be the cruise control switch....... Any thoughts ?
  13. Big time, lay a dump on that desk.
  14. the biggest difference now is the clunk, the driveline clunk has been reduced significantly but the roll over noise is still quite evident, it is noisy when cold and hot, but far worse when hot.
  15. Yeah it was. I did get the option 3 fitted. It's quiet when cold, but quite noisy when hot. I'd say it's a touch quieter but still annoying.
  16. Even after re-shimming my rollover noise is still there.
  17. Yep get the alloy one
  18. auto or manual?
  19. Mate get 5L of Mainlube in the box, massive difference, lasts over 60,000kms and protects gearbox components. Not cheap but worth it.
  20. Could be that there is air in your system, try getting the clutch re-bled, could be the csc or master cylinder also but I would start with the easy cheap stuff first. I'm tipping though a bleed will fix your problem
  21. Fixed under warranty. They replaced the Clutch Master Cylinder.
  22. Hey guys, I just thought I would update you all on how the gearbox work went. Firstly, the blueprinting that Mal Wood took care of has totally gotten rid of the dreaded clunk when changing from first to second. There is really no backlash at all. I also want to say how excellent Pit Lane were. They sent up the gearbox to Mal, and put it back in for me, as well as a Option 3 Clutch kit, remote bleeder and stainless clutch lines. Mick, Belinda and the team were an absolute pleasure to deal with, lovely people. So, If ANY FG owners are hating their Tr6060 right now in regards to clunking, get it to Mal. It was the best $580.00 dollars I ever spent. Seriously. Also, blueprinting hasn't gotten rid of the roll-over noise, so if that's you only beef with the box, don't bother doing the blueprint. But, the clunk is gone. I hope this helps others. It did take about 10 days all up to get the whole thing done, but the results speak for themselves. Cheers guys, Sam.
  23. Gee that's helpful....
  24. hey guys anyone able to explain where the clutch slave cylinder is located on an fg? I have a squeak and I think it may be coming from that area.... A photo would be awesome or a diagram or something? Many thanks Cheers, Sam
×
×
  • Create New...