CBXRT
Banned-
Posts
643 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by CBXRT
-
XR09, that's incorrect. Well, the process outlined is correct but the end result isn't. We had various clients go to small-claims courts for warranty matters (including cars, trucks, bikes etc) when I was in private practice, and modification from standard solely is not enough to void a warranty. Of course they don't want to pay and that's their first and final stance in many cases, doesn't mean they don't have to legally. Modification that COULD contibute to failure, and the modification could be seen as detrimental to the original product, may or will result in a rejected warranty claim - no issue sthere. But a CAI alone (if that's all the OP has and is telling the truth) will never ruin a diff - I would easily win that argument in Court and usually get costs/damages for my client for all the unnecessary $$ spent :sungum: ps: If someones changes the original tires a year after new purchase to a different brand and tread pattern - then the engine blows - are you suggesting purely that as "the product has been changed from new" that they aren't covered?
-
XR09, there is more room than "stuff all" in the Sportwagon Commo....ha ha. Its 895 litres with seats up, 2000 down. No, not as much as the previous Commo wagon, but definately more than enough for the average family........
-
Dillon, I know its dead for Falcons, that's precisely the problem......ha ha. Wagons in many Euro/Jap vehicles outsell the sedans - they are only dead from Ford's point of view. Agree Pookey.......another bad decision by Ford, not surprising.
-
Spot on mate. I've waited years to upgrade my BAT to a newer Ford (ive loved the old boy), and now it looks like it will never happen! Back to the Red Lion (or other) it seems, not through choice, purely because Ford Aust doesn't give a competitor......
-
Don't agree. Just because its on the database doesn't link the CAI to the actual problem or void warranty - heaps of cars have sports exhausts, bigger rims etc put on and it doesn't matter at all to warranty claims that are unrelated. Different if a poor tune is done and a cylinder blows through the block - of course that is not Ford's problem. I would think the OP has every reason to get his diff fixed it is a fault.
-
I'm sure there are other guys (and girls) on here with children, big dogs etc where a sedan simply doesn't fit everything. The Expensive Daewoo Sportswagon is a good looking car and very practical car and hence sell OK - I would buy it if I didn't love the Ford turbo engines. I know the Territory exists (and previous BA rubbish taxi wagons) but I hate its shape, higher driving position etc, image of "4wd shopping trolley" etc - I want a FG F6 sportswagon!!!! Give me a reason other than speed alone to upgrade from a decade old BAT!!! Ford give me one and I'll buy it I promise!!! Anyone else agree, or maybe its just me........ha ha. ps: Is it any wonder Ford are going broke when they bring out a million GS, GT, Black, XR6, XR6T XR8, anniversary etc variations, rather than something different and more practicle that other buyers would pay for.......like a wagon that drives and looks great. (or even a 'crewman' for the tradies with families)
-
The warranty is with Ford, not the dealer (they aren't "Ford"). They are only agents - its Ford's decision whether to fix it so go to whatever dealer you want. Its not a matter of "asking", its "demanding" they fix it - especially if its an obvious problem. Be firm and don't hesitate to threaten legally etc. Good luck.
-
Stock FG exhaust is not as good sounding or quality as BA/BF (with or without centre). So I would question whether its better quality and sounding than a decent aftermarket.......but if you are right, then that's an indictment on the aftermarket parts industry for the $$ they charge.
-
Yes that's technically correct Ratter, but ultimately they do almost the exact same job and generally speaking, 100psi and largest diameter is the best and easist way to go IMO to save changing when making future upgrades.
-
Flynnbob, it will depend what dump you buy and what exhaust you have. Obviously if you have a four inch dump you will want a cat with 4inch inlet/outlet (preferably mated to a 4inch exhaust - like, Nizpro), and if you have standard, then its 3 inch in and twin 2.25 out (which are hard to find - but they can give you what you need (or the exhaust place will modify) so it will connect regardless). When you know your inlet/outlet sizes, just contact the seller of high-flow Cats and they will give you what you need :sungum:
-
All the high flow cats are the same. There is little or no technology in them, its just a filter. Just get a 5inch 100cpi of the cheapest brand you can find, then you will never have to change it. EBay have them for about $170 delivered (when I nearly bought one, decided against it), venom cat I think it is.
-
Rab, I dont agree the FG T is any more powerful rwkw "out of the box" than a BF Typhoon. The reason it is slightly faster is because of the smaller turbo and response is better. It is actually arguable the BF Typhoon has MORE capability if anything as you don't have to change the turbo for the huge numbers. You claim your (and all other) FGs have 250+ rwkw from the factory - that means 300+ fwkw (at least). I don't think so.
-
100% agree Lux.
-
Of course its much louder with centre removed RAB with a high flow cat (its much louder with stock cat also) I was talking about high flow cat on stock system. I don't think it changes the sound much at all.
-
I have a mate with a high flow cat and tune and his sound level hardly changed at all (still very quiet) - so I'm not sure that's correct? Obviously went much harder though..... Can't comment on the Herrod, but being the brand no doubt comes with excess $$$.
-
It is simply incorrect that XR6 turbos have "close to rwkw as per fwkw". Rab, your BF would not have made 250rwkw stock unless it was some sort of freak (or previously tuned) - not even close. A dyno might say it did, but then they are never accurate and you go from one to the next and the figures change dramatically. As for the OP saying whether he will have trouble with 300rwkw down the line, I would say the answer is most like yes (whether turbo, trannie, engine) - its just a matter of how long!
-
Have to admit, daytime running lights aren't my go either - I reckon the HSV ones in particular look BAD!! LOL Each to their own though, certainly be something a little different and you will stand out from the crowd.
-
Yep, its not just the screen either. My screen was fine, but the pipe itself was blocked at turbo side - something to do with excess heat and maybe incorrect use of oil at my servo (not happy if that contributed) But for the OP I don't think any of these are major concerns (all cars have issues of some sort), if it has been looked after that T/Typhoon should have many years left!
-
..................like a blocked oil line to the turbo. My car was 100% perfect health at 165,000ks, then I heard turbo bearing noise, then massive turbo failure, and a 2k bill two weeks later. I think regular servicing should make the majority of components last a very long time being a Falcon, but then sometimes things just go wrong. So keep money up your sleeve for repairs, rather than just use it all on upgrades which is a common mistake (and the more power you have the more risk there is of failure!!)
-
Ford Ba 04 Xr6 Turbo Idles Rough
CBXRT replied to 252forever's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Zerosignal, spot on. A throttle body and injector clean helped my rough idle. Mine still isn't perfect, and apparently until I actually replace injectors it will stay that way.......... -
Sensitive about your GT Stink? I would be if I had one but then I don't like to waste money - Ford relies on people like you who think (bogan) stripes make a car go faster...... For the record my X5 (V8) went to my ex, and I have my trusty old BA - I think you have seen a boring old BAT before, so photos arent necessary. But I'd rather be incognito in mine than a 70K taxi and use the savings in my waterfront property instead.......... Enjoy your supercharged taxi champ, I was just commenting on what I saw, nothing more.
-
Agree 100% mate. OP conveniently ignoring good (including my) advice. Still can't believe a "Caldina" was mentioned on here without apologies ....... (LOL )
-
Just sell it mate. Do yourself a favour and buy another $hit Caldina or WRX - the fact you had bought one to start with says everything.
-
Great advice Buf - 100% agree. I read it all and my 180K BAT still runs sweet and still gives any fast (bar the top-end) a decent run. APART from idiot me not reading the turbo threads!! Would have saved me 1.8K in replacement turbo, earls line and fitting - stock oil line jammed (very common, especially without enough oil changes) which would have been a $150 upgrade if knew in advance...... Unless you mod to suit the XCal dont do it, plenty of blown engines/trannies (not that kind...lol) on here if not done with all the safety gear - not saying dont tune, saying do it properly :sungum:
-
Your car is getting old, if its the BA in your picture. Without wanting to sound harsh, all second hand cars have issues and yours is far from serious!! (buy a better car if you're picky..... ) All I'll say is the more you chase the more you'll spend (mechanics will rip you if you ask questions), good luck and hope you sort it (I never have, and it doesn't bother me anymore).
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.