Jump to content

tuono

Member
  • Posts

    312
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tuono

  1. They look awesome. As do the new ones.
  2. tuono

    All Class.

    I've started to see a lot more of the G6ET out there lately. Man they look great on the road. Its not until you spot one out of the blue that there great looks really hit home. All class. Sorry for stating the obvious. I actually dont want them to catch on!
  3. Much the same as everyone else has said. No brainer really.
  4. Does anyone really think any modern car is even slighty dangerous or hard to drive? If your wife drove a HQ/XB/CAMIRA(HORRIBLE CAR) ETC with crap tyres, crap wipers, crap brakes, no power, overheating problems, no ABS, no traction control, no air bags, crap seat belts, horrible heater etc etc driving any modern car is a piece of cake. Tell her to get in and give it heaps. Although my wife wont cane mine. That's the point I think.
  5. I thought your suggestion was to drive around in 5th and that we werent turning it down low enough.
  6. Great result with the AC. I'm going to get my sensor replaced now, regardless. I'm suprised TAB hasnt been on this post saying we are all dreaming and theres nothing wrong with the AC? Oh that's right, his is playing up too.
  7. tuono

    G6Et

    Shopping around is the key. $1900!!! Yikes!! Most post's have little value. Eg- Best colour?, average fuel consumption, Tyre wear etc. If you want a price on insurance you ring or fill out a quote on line and enter the details you mentioned with 3 or 4 insurance companies. Then take your pick.
  8. tuono

    G6Et

    About $800 with AAMI. Some of those prices are crazy! I actually got a small cheque back when I insured the Ford because it was cheaper than my Crewman SS to insure. Im rating 1 and 92 years old. And I cant wait to get 500kws out of my ride. Here is a photo of me when I picked up the T.
  9. Yep, it does work better on recirc, but in my opinion the air just isnt cold enough in my car.
  10. 10.9 is great! Very handy update that one. Mine averages 12, which is awesome considering my SS was 16lt/100km and the turbos quicker in everyway.
  11. I had my 3000k service done and also got the oil and filter changed. It was $114. I reckon that's good, considering it takes 7lts of oil, a filter and I didnt have to do it. Havent some of you blokes been quoted $260? Was that for full synth? I will switch over at the 15000k service. I also got the ipod connection looked at because it was bloody annoying. It needed an firmware upgrade and now its sorted. So if yours is playing up, that's what it needs. Best thing I've had in a car(and bluetooth.......and a turbo). I havent used a CD yet and never will. So friggin' convenient!! Of course there was nothing wrong with the AC according to them, even though its really struggling in this heat. The girl did mention they get a lot of complaints about the FG AC. Funny that.
  12. Thanks for that. They certainly do there job well!! Big drop.
  13. Aggressive class? Takes the edge off the so called "Grandpa" car. I reckon its cool. You certainly wont see many.
  14. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the difference in air temperature at the intercooler inlet and outlet? Depending on the size of course. Just interested to know how efficient they are. Especially between the stock one and that monster above.
  15. that's a monster! Looks awesome. V8 owners will crap there pants seeing that coming up in the rear view. Performance results?
  16. I've got one. Its the only one I've owned or used and I think its great. You ask it where you want to go and it tells you. The maps are great. But I have had very limited experience with them. Being intergrated is the go. Sticking one on your window is ordinary, unless you dont have a choice of course. $2000 is a lot of coin. Mine was included in the 50th upgrade. Not sure if I would pay the $2000 if it wasnt.
  17. Just thought you might be interested in a 1000+ HP Ford engine. As opposed to posts about gloves boxes, paint colour etc. Maybe the delivery was a bit lame, but werent any of you impressed with the vid?! Tough crowd!
  18. I did a few mods last night. So goes a bit better now!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMayMAoUbU
  19. I did a bit of work on my engine last night. She goes alright now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuMayMAoUbU
  20. Cant argue with that. Experience is everything.
  21. No worries, will do. Cheers.
  22. It looks awesome! Very neat. Great figures too!! Stupid question,but does Ford cover any of the warranty on it now? Apart from the engine, auto and diff that is. Any chance of a price break down? Or does your missus visit the site?
  23. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!! Kens the man.
  24. Cool, good to hear it can work at high temperatures. I will get mine looked at first service. At least it doesnt sound like an overall design problem.
  25. I can see it now. Heading up the bush with my brothers on a 38 degree day. What are you doing? says my brother. Putting it in 4th, I say. Why the fark are you doing that we are on the freeway you idiot? I've got the air con on, I say. What the?! they say. Didnt you know that's how it works in a falcon, I say. Yeah good one ya knob!, they say. Now wheres my Prozac gone.
×
×
  • Create New...