Viper XR50T
Member-
Posts
61 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Viper XR50T
-
yep coolant was definitely boiling in the res, thermos were running for a bit until I turned off the car. I normally let it idle at least 2 minutes before I turn it off then the coolant starting shooting out the res cap after about 2 mins when I switched the car off. the pressure was coming from the radiator going into the overflow and the coolant in the overflow was boiling did checks for milky oil (headgasket) but oil was fine was still fresh was just changed on the same day. I waited until the coolant on the ground dried up and checked the hoses for any signs of cracks, leaks, etc, filled the overflow res back up with demineralised water and started her up. the car was running fine coulnd't see any noticeable leaks from any of the hoses? im thinking it might be the thermostat
-
I normally leave the bonnet up when I park my car in my garage to let the heat out. everything has been like clockwork, hadn't had a problem since I bought my car 2 years ago but today I noticed coolant spweing out of the resevoir when I popped my bonnet up and it went on until the res was empty rang Ford to book it in for a service but just wanted to find out if people have come across this before. I've searched and found some topics but they didn't post back whether they fixed or found the cause of the problem my car is a 2010 FG XR6 Turbo 50th Ann, done 18K km. its stock apart from an MSCN turbo line filter and the coolant hasn't been replaced since I bought the car also pics of the coolant in res tank / tank itself. I noticed the coolant going from green to a yellow colour since getting the car and a white residue/mark on the inside of the res today after it finished spewing coolant. can it be simple e.g. the res cap needs replacing?
-
oh sh*t! all because of that nail?
-
nice one nelsonian :good: how are the michelins? I've read that theyre a really good tyre why didn't you go 285s? would've been closer to 245 OD
-
thanks TomT, nice car btw what offset are the rears? are they 265s all round? FG rears look like they'd fit 295/35/18. can anyone confirm it doesnt foul on the inside?
-
lol Dillz stretch limo GS300. I think its the arch gap that makes 18s look small but nothing a bit of low won't fix trainer im from sydney so our roads here are very bad and we got bad potholes everywhere. esp with the torrential rain/floods a few weeks back, was like someone went beserk with a jackhammer.
-
nah I reckon it will work. just needs the right width,offset and tyre combo with a bit of low. im aiming for at least 285/35 with 10" rears I found an old pic of tocchi's FG with GTR rims (18x9 with 235s) and they look alright (Matt, I hope you don't mind me reposting here for illustration purposes) I just dont see the point in running big wheels and skinny tyres. more prone to buckling and tyres cost more
-
thanks guys, I reckon they look alright too im just after pics of other aftermarket 18s as ive seen the standard ones already
-
19s do look good but I reckon the sidewalls are too thin so thinking of going 18s to avoid buckles side by side they don't really look much smaller if you include the tyre Im just wondering if theres anyone with an FG running aftermarket 18s. just want to see how an FG looks on a set of aftermarket 18s with wider tyres if possible
-
Im getting a set of 18s and after pics of an FG with wide tyres front and back pref with dish if you got it pls post em up if you have em
-
I need an second opinion on widths, offsets and tyre sizes im considering switching from 19s to 18s for better ride quality thinking of running 18 x 8.5 +20 with 255/40 fronts and 18 x 9.5 +25 with 275/40 rears for an FG pref without guard work, tyre stretch or hitting suspension arms anyone know of a good offset/width/tyre size combo in 18s? pls post up your pics if you have any. thanks guys
-
AME Shallen CX fronts 19x8.5 +25 rear 19x9.5 +30 with the stock dunlops. got these 2nd hand from japan still needs lowering but dunno if I will. the fronts are hi disc to clear brembos but wish they were lo disc for more dish. love the dish on the rears
-
thanks guys exactly the info I was after
-
.
-
hi guys I've tried searching for a while but can't find any info on the thread size for FG wheel studs does anyone know?
-
man sorry to hear that. I just got my xr6 50th t and that's really every new car owner's worst nightmare and major PITA I'd try to get the car repaired close to the condition when I first bought it that way if you ever sell it, they won't ask what happened to the sticker which will lead to questions about the repair work but totally up to you I'd try ring the dealership you bought it from and try to get the sticker
-
thanks smokinxr6, yeah let us know how you went with the towing trip im approaching the 1500km oil change now and will be installing a turbo oil feed line filter when I drop the oil I've noticed some clunking / squeaking noises coming from the front while I was doing a parallel reverse park on the weekend. didn't sound too good at the time, was close to full lock but certainly wasn't full lock, so will have to get the front suspension checked wasn't low on power steering fluid either bit worried now since this is a new car. is this a known issue with FGs?
-
try these guys if you're in sydney Imperial Mobile Car and Boat Detailers - Sydney - Paintwork Correction the Imperial Detail New Car Preparation and Protection sounds pretty good check out this pic on the home page as well. looks awesome
-
yeah I know detailing a car isn't easy, fgs are big cars to work on I washed my car yesterday, started on the mothers step 1 pre wax prep and that stuff just doesn't come off easy. took 3 hours just to get step 1 off properly, that's with my girlfriend helping as well. the dust is so fine it gets into every crack the megs quick clay isn't any better either, usually an entire day job well worth it though, glad step 1 is only needed once a year
-
hey colin, congrats on the new 50th turbo personally, I use the megs quick clay kit to get rid of the impurities in the paint then I hit it with the mothers california gold step 2 sealer /glaze then step 3 carnauba wax have a read of this detailers guide forum its awesome for info on this kinda stuff and best of all these guys do it as their trade Detailing Clay : Starters' Guide - Detailing World even if you didn't live in a place prone to industrial fallout, I still reckon it's best to use clay or some sort of paint cleaner to get rid of the impurities stuck to the paint. best way to get that mirror finish you're after using the two bucket wash system and microfibre cloth chamois also helps out a lot so scratches are minimised during washing http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4637
-
congratulations on the new 50th! try this forum for detailing info. I've learnt a whole lot just reading the how tos and got me to rethink my washing method and now I use the two bucket system Detailing Guide - Detailing World great before and after shots there as well and really knowledgable guys who do detailing for a living usually I'd start with a really good wash including door jambs then clay bar using meguiars quick clay (for the first car wash then once every 3 to 6 months) Detailing Clay : Starters' Guide - Detailing World personally, I use mothers 3 step system - pre wax, sealer and glaze then carnauba wax cleaning my car can take a full weekend though. 1st day is usually initial wash then wheels, windows & mirrors, vacuum and interior armour-all and leather treatment then cover with car cover in garage. 2nd day, quick wash (to get rid of the dust) then clay bar for most of the day. 3rd day, another quick wash then wax and polish
-
yeah you won't have any problems with bob. he takes out the rubber and tints well past it so it doesn't catch he does get pretty busy though. he showed me his unread smses today for tint jobs - total of 21 unread :hiwelcome:
-
a big thumbs up for bob tinted my xr6t 50th today, went 18% all round and gotta say this guy is very particular about his work. knows falcons very well and did an excellent job top bloke and very a good host, kept the cuppas coming while I waited. doesn't believe in cutting corners and only uses quality stuff even right down to the window cleaners he uses. there was no diswashing liquid in sight (which is caustic to tints) and I noticed he even had a fuel filter on one of his sprays will definitely be recommending bob to a few mates looking for tints
-
Hi guys just want to find out opinions on the SS Inductions Big Mouth CAI for FGs I've already got a K&N panel filter and I want to keep the factory air box just thought this would be a slight improvement on the stock air funnel retails for $110 but goes for cheaper on ebay. having said that it is a bit pricey for 2 bits of plastic just wanted to find out if anyone else is running this bigmouth kit and if you have any pics of yours and any second thoughts? cheers
-
XR6T 50th through Shannons $1650 for $50K - daily use under the policy with 2 drivers both over 30 over rating 1 $500 excess, in Sydney too. not bad considering its insured as daily use and low excess
- 1,981 replies
-
- Anyone having trouble
- wastegate
-
(and 3 more)
Tagged with:
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.