Jump to content

tim85

Member
  • Posts

    56
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tim85

  1. Hi, I took the inlet to the turbo off last weekend as we needed to get rid of it to tighten up the turbo to manifold nuts. The engine was cold. The compressor blades look perfectly fine and in out movement is there but very small (about 1 mm). When I turn the compressor by hand I feel a ever so slight bit of friction on about a 3rd of the rotation. It still has the stock turbo oil line on it, but a Earl's one is in the post. I have been scouring alot of 'turbo health' topics all afternoon. The in/out movement I'm not too worried about as other members have stated its normal, but should I be concerned about the slight scraping of the compressor blades? I have a MTQ Engine Systems place here so is it worth getting them to look at it? I have no abnormal noises when shutting done car, and performance is still great. It is a BF MK2 wioth 88 000km's on the dial. Thanks Tim
  2. Autobarn sell it for $200, but I managed to get it for $150 from WOW Sight and Sound. It was a big improvement, I can turn it up as loud as I want now without the sub distorting. Definately worth the $150 I thought! With a better amp I'm sure it would sound even better.
  3. Well I must say I am very happy with my Polk. I just need to dynamat the parcel shelf now.
  4. Polk Audio do a 8inch sub. MM840DVC. $200 from Autobarn or $150 from WOW
×
×
  • Create New...