Jump to content

FAT-51X

Member
  • Posts

    254
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by FAT-51X

  1. My plates were from back in the dark days when I had my VL Turbo.. I had FAT-51X as my user name on whatever forum I was on and by the time I eventually got round to buying them they were still available.. fairly simple idea behind the plates.. make a six cylinder look "fat".. mod it to look good and u have a fat looking six... hahahah suited the ute alot more though... that was until someone in the area where I was staying decided to get FAT-XR6.. but meh... there is also a stock VL commo in sydney with PHAT 6 plates.. ill claim origionality though as ive had mine for over 5 years now..
  2. Agree 10000000% with u there... have seen it a number of times in Forster and the pressure pack jellybeans look ridiculous... I put that up there with VS kitted VKs... Pure sh*t
  3. Well I'm now 2 and 2 with Expensive Daewoo and ford Started out with my first car being an N/A VL wagon.. then bought a VL Calais Turbo Wagon.. and then thought for a second "Gee, I wonder what an XR6T Ute would go like" and 2 days later I was in the Ute.. racked up to many km's on the ute so traded down for an XT and decked that out.. So 2 Holdens and 2 Fords for me... But the main thing.. I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO Expensive Daewoo AFTER DRIVING THE BA
  4. Ditto... same thing happened in my ute.. id just bought a brand new cd and went to play it and it disappeared.... was not happy... for then replaced the ICC under warranty... Just take it straight back to ford and all will be fixed up for u
  5. me too <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Times 3
  6. struggling to change gears in a sedan at 6'10.... damn... your legs must be damn long.. or mine are a little short.. Im 6'9 and my ute was manual.. I had no dramas at all... the BA's are so much more roomy than most other cars atm, especially the utes (god bless supercab) the sedans are even better (for me anyways) but if your finding difficult in a BA, your gonna struggle alot with most other cars
  7. FAT-51X

    Sssl?

    well when my car isnt in taxi mode it runs 20x8.5 with reset kings springs which are a further 40mm lower than SSLs... I had no problems with any part of the rim hitting suspension and I took the bump stops out, lol... As for 20x10 I have no idea how youd fit them under there going lower than SSL Good luck with it though.. and definatly get some pics up
  8. The back will also need adjusting if you drop it on it's bum. Ask FAT-SIX he has big camber on the rear but can't be fixed yet because the XT's don't have camber adjustment. The Control Blade IRS is better than Holdens FE2 but you'll still have camber issues when going very low down to the rim like you say. <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Exactly right Benny.... with my compressed SL's in, the rear of my XT sits 105mm lower than standard and negative 4 degrees camber... in the process of talks with Ford to organise the adjustable cammed bolt from the XR's to allow for camber adjustment... otherwise, there is NO camber kit for the rear of a BA falcon.. trust me ive tried everywhere... there are coilovers for the rear being released in august from one company but by then I should have the XR rear end in and be tucking 20's comfortably again... The fronts need a camber kit as mentioned for anything lwer than SLs... Good luck with it all mate.. hope it all works out better than mine did... hahahaha
  9. umm Phoon anyone <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Now how the bloody hell did I forget the phoon sorry mate.. Nicely put Dean.... was really all about gettin a bunch of Falcons together and having a bit of fun
  10. well was a very hot day but I thouroughly enjoyed it... seeing so many aswome XR6T's in the one place so close to home was awsome.... some very sweet looking T's (and GT) with some very sweet mods... Congrats to the organisers as it was very well done.. glad to hear there were no problems due to the heat, although that flywheel really didnt sound healthy at all... Being the really tall guy in the white shirt and driving an XT I kinda felt out of place.. but it was still really good to meet alot of you guys and put names from the forum to faces... hopefully you guys can get up round here again soon.... Cheers.. Troy
  11. Damn I wish I had the V8 in my XT now... That is mint... I love it.. nothing beats big wheels, on guts and mafia style... And BLACK... I think I just had an accident in my pants, lol... 10/10 mate.. well done keep us posted on future mods
  12. FAT-51X

    1 Cheap Xr

    Ok... its not a T... but from the pictures of this XR... someone is gonna get a good score.. Cheap Cheap XR6 Resale on the BA's really must be hurting alot of hip pockets
  13. FAT-51X

    Wtf

    saw that when I was cruising through Ebay a couple of days ago.... its a little hideous... that front bar needs some serious work... how could u go from standard to that.... surely a massive step backwards... Points for individuality.... Yeah..... I guess so... but why would u ruin such a colour and such a great ute...
  14. It sits really nice... as for the wheels... its original... cant say ive seen them on an XR before... I think I like it...
  15. *sniff sniff* you guys used to have an XR6T Ute get on the site and join guys... they are a great bunch of ppl and have some serious fun, regular events and plenty of holdens to blow the doors off
  16. any news on the dyno day????
  17. good luck finding a kit for the rear..... XR's are camber adjustable to a degree in the rear but major adjustments are hard to make... The GT's come stock with a rear camber kit and this maybe another option... but as Bugster said, u wont need one in the rear if u dont lower it to much... as for the front.. if u use SL's then to be on the safe side I recommend fitting one Hope this helps, Cheers, Troy
  18. I could round up a couple of troops I reckon... didnt know there were a fair few newcastle ppl on here.. I wont be going in it but will definatly help out if its needed... should be a great day.. Keep us posted
  19. FAT-51X

    Road Safety

    damn... where was that video when I appealed my speeding fine... I would have got off for sure
  20. was thinking exactly the same thing.... also its a very plain looking car and I was pretty sure that fluro colours were left in the 80's... Not a fan
  21. At the time I was driving a VL Turbo and it was goiving me the So I wanted something newer, more reliable and boosted... but didnt want an import or a WRX... Being a die hard hlden supporter I shuddered at the thought of my only prospect of fitting what I wanted.. New, Boosted, not an import.. went to the local ford dealer, asked bout a XR6T Ute and they let me take it for a testdrive... it was the exact ute that my mate had owned and taken me for rides in on numerous occasions and jokingly told him one day that the only ford id ever buy was his ute... Well 2 days later I was the VERY proud owner of that Ute... and will never buy Expensive Daewoo again...
  22. ahem!!! ITS PHANTOM.... its ROYAL ,,,, its sensual,.... shazzy <{POST_SNAPBACK}> My bad... I'll be good now I promise... No more purp... sorry "phantom" jokes... And as for Chicks in T's.... Jen drives hers alot harder than alot of guys in newcastle... drives it like she stole it
  23. Nice pics... Damn they look tough... plus ui think the old school stripes are definatley the best so far... Still not a fan of the Typhoon wheels though
  24. Now that's an impressive sight... some serious $$$$$$ tied up there... Nice pic
  25. does someone whos 6'9 fit in a Go Kart... hehehe Ive never tried..
×
×
  • Create New...