Jump to content

*Sloxr6*

Member
  • Posts

    81
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by *Sloxr6*

  1. Anyone know what happened to this car?
  2. Ok here is one for the guys that never liked the bonnet. This is just temp till I get cracks repaired in my other bonnet.
  3. Yep which is what it is
  4. You are correct just went and checked and its actually 3.73
  5. Yeah the typhoons keep't the bigger turbo. Only real difference is the eyelets on the springs. Wagon ones are oval where the ute ones are round. The ute springs still fit the wagon but you just have to trim a bit off the bush as they are a little bit wider in the ute. Other then that the rest is the same and completely interchangeable. Depends on the model for the ratio mate. The first one I got out of an XR8 ute was 3.23 then there was a 3.45 and now I have a 2.73 I think with the 6 speed manual.
  6. Oh and the ute diff will bolt straight in but depending on what tail shaft you use you might have to change your pinion flange
  7. Hey mate thanks. Hope you have fun building your wagon there great fun. I am unsure about the Fg gear but I am pretty sure the Fg interior will be a not go without some major mods. Front seats you will most likely get away with the rear will be no good. Also I think you might have created a bit of a head ache for yourself getting a FG and trying to put it in a earlier model. I am pretty sure the sumps are different on the fg's but they are interchangeable your biggest hassle is going to be getting in running as all the FG and Ba security is different so you are going to have to sort something out with the wiring of the motor as it will be a massive job trying to run all the FG wiring as you will have to do all the wiring inside the car as well and without the fg dash nothing will work ether. I have actually forgot to mention this on here but I have also done another wagon with all my old running gear. It was just sitting in the shed and the easiest way I figured to make a bit of money back on the F6 gear was to put it all my old gear in a wagon and sell it off Its not quite finished but its getting there few little small things to do. This one is going to be full sleep spec unless you look under the bonnet you will have no idea. Its got the full XR6 turbo driveline with 10psi tune and work auto with 2500 stall. Should be good fun.
  8. Thanks mate. Yeah there has been heaps of people say they don't like the bonnet. Yet to find one in person yet though. I think I just love the point that it makes it different to every other wagon out there
  9. Thanks mate. But nah then this would be just like all the other wagons out there
  10. Ok update I have a new hero. Its Drew (Vegabass) Not sure if he is on here. He just finished doing my new interior it came up awesome. I was going to wait for some better pictures but I couldn't help myself. More pics from Drew. [url=http://s31.photobucket.com/user/vegabass/media/IMG_2758_zps06556253.jpg.html][/url
  11. Bahaa. That is nearly the most stupid thing I have ever seen. I hope you were only messing around with that post. lol
  12. Ah ok. Do you have any contact details? I wouldn't mind getting in contact with him as I might be after one and if its in Colac would save me a big trip.
  13. Where abouts in Colac mate? How bad is it damaged?
  14. Lol Colac that's an unusual place to get one from. I am from Colac and normally have to go to Melbourne to get all my stuff.
  15. Thanks guys. I am going to put all my old turbo driveline into another wagon to sell if you guys are interested :-)
  16. Gee its been awhile since I have been on here. Anyway I have made some big changes with the wagon I ended up buying a 320rwkw wrecked F6 tornado 6 speed manual ute and put the whole driveline in the wagon. It is awesome drives so much better and I love it being manual. Lol I still havent really taken any pictures of the outside of the wagon with any other rims on it. I put the twists back on and since the new paint they didn't suit the wagon at all, so they came straight off. Got myself some 20" dark argents they looked good but as its my daily they were just to big so I settled on some 19" dark argents. They look great and ride heaps better then the 20's. This is really the only picture I have of the outside of the car with the dark argents on it. that's when I first put the 20's on it but it gives you an idea what it looks like with argents. Now the money shot photos.
  17. Just read this not sure why that is oh dear?
  18. No doubt your standard engine would handle it, but the question is for how long could be yrs could be 2 weeks. Engine swap being easier. No probably not, apart from the manifold and turbo you will still have to bolt most of the gear on once the motor is in the car anyway. But it's still not hard. Best part about using your standard ecu is you dont have to trailer the car anywhere to get them to match the turbo ecu to your car. You can just order the xcal tell them what you want and they will post it to your door. Load your tune into your ecu and your good to go. I have been running around like that for 2 odd years trouble free.
  19. There are pleanty of guys that have done it so it certaintly can be done. But if your going to do it I would go with the complete turbo motor its alot stronger and its been built for boost. I have done it in my wagon its basicly just an engine swap plus bolting all the cooler gear up. Easiest way to do it as you said you were going to get a tune is to use all your standard na loom and ecu and just get say a 10psi tune flashed into it. Only problem there is you wont have all the boost control gear from the turbo ecu but its far more easy to just run your own boost control set at 10psi anyway. (That is how I have done it in my wagon) The only other problem with using a n/a loom is the map sensor under the trottle body use a different plug. But that's just a simple cut and solder on the turbo plug to your loom.
  20. Its pritty striaght forward. If the motor has all the intercooler gear then you would be set to go really. Easiest way is to just use your standard ECU and loom. Get your ECU flash tuned with a 10psi turbo tune. Then just run your own boost control set at 10psi and away you go. Its just an engine change really.
  21. Yeah was a good car. Thanks mate. Fg turbo nice.
  22. Yeah mate that's the one. There you go its a small world
  23. Yeah in no rush will see what the typhoons look like on it first anyway.
  24. I love the g6e 19" turbo rims and I come to think of it they probably would look really good on it. Not a bad idea. Know anyone that wants to swap some twists for them?
  25. Could have been yours man. I brought it from a guy in hopper crossing. I am from Colac though not Geelong. Unfortunately she is no longer looking like that though. I tried to sell it complete but there was no interest so it ended up getting parted out.
×
×
  • Create New...