-
Posts
3,994 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
26
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Bomber
-
Interesting. I do have the phase 2 scoop on it though.
-
Did consider the water-to-air. Mate runs one on his blown pinto escort. The one big enough for Barra is fairly large diameter. If I was going dinner plate sized turbo etc I'd have to go bigger. At 300rwkw though, the air-to-air ones I'm looking at will get it done. And..look tough poking through the front
-
I'm chasing a good FG or BF donor engine if anyone knows of anything going.
-
-
Glad to see you finally got one my friend
-
Found it on here somewhere. FG - FPV F6 370 x 380 x 45mm = 6327 cm3 (Factory) I've only got 300 high the play with can go 500 wide (core) and 76mm wide. The Aero 2 PWR cast end tanks are 85mm running the 76mm core. The 85mm pushes it too far into the engine bay unfortunately. Might have to go custom.
-
-
Just got back from the PWR factory at Yatala. Their Aero 2 cast end tank jobbie in a 500x300mm will get the job done without hacking the car up too much.
-
100%. The 5k ask for the RRS kit to remove the struts juts blows it out for my build.
-
Yep. Windsor performance all stuff sold aside from roller cam. Got a buyer for the engine as well by the looks. I will miss not having that V8 rumble but... the deal breaker for me was my brother-in-law's Sandman ute that he finished this year. Nice 308 with ported L34's and pretty much all the N/A fruit you can bolt on. After having traction issues with the single pegger, he returned to Willowbank with true-trac installed and it scorched the track running a 14.5! He was devo'd. So spending 5k on 302 roller Windsor to extract maybe 380fwhp just didn't appeal. The only viable modern V8 option (that fits) wears a bowtie badge and I just can't do it to an XW. XD farm hack maybe but not XW XY.
-
-
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Someone will tune it Marcus but you need to TRUST them and stop chasing shadows. You've eliminated the problems you've had previously preventing a good result. We have some good tuners in SEQ as you know. Just concentrate on finishing the hardware. From there, I'd recommend you sort out who is going to fire it up and how you want it tuned. Agree on the price, then wave bye bye to it on a flat bed and ask them to call you when it's done. Less is more for you bloke -
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
I've personally tried to help you Gunna, many times. After the engine was built I said now ffs stop doing your head in and finish the car, but no. You have to learn to trust dude. Tony buzzes his own small block at 10,000rpm. How may dyno pulls have you seen Paolo do? That thing lives on the rollers! You have a nicely built motor that plenty would happily take off your hands. Fit it and fire it up -
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
All I'm saying is if I have concern I ring the person involved. -
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
He uses Joe Gibbs assembly lube on his engines Luke. Maybe a phone call to the engine builder might have answered that in the first place Gunna (insert appropriate Kermit meme) -
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
He warranties his engines ffs gunna. Do yourself a favour. Sell the fkn thing and never ever play with cars again. It's beyond a joke. You second guess everything. There was nothing even wrong with that FG engine in the first place, lol. -
XW has all new lowered suspension and the 9" will be ready to dummy fit this week. I'll then remove it and the new springs to avoid overspray.
-
Found out how the old rig was going yesterday and...engine still cranking but ZF croaked. Not sure if it pinged a shaft or frictionals gave up. Don't know how it was being driven but reaffirms one of the reasons I sold it. It started to give off a slight squeal on 3-4 upshift or the occasional skip/flare. This with or without a ZF tune. My take on these things is past 350rwkw, factor in a built ZF. Not just because of the input shaft but they simply won't last long. I'd spend enough on the thing and not being a kent but glad I didn't have to throw another 3k or whatever on the box. The new owner still got a good buy and loves the thing.
-
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
Kinda like a toothpick straight in the eye -
327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)
Bomber replied to genuine honest person's topic in High Power Builds (300+ Club)
You won't be able to get the fuel trims 100% without that reg.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.