Jump to content

Cro

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    6,114
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cro

  1. Happy B'Day!
  2. DZ, I just got off the phone with Prosperion, this deal sounds awesome! I love it, never heard anything better. Thanks heaps for that!
  3. Mondie, I want the turbo, I love fast cars, and XR6T is perfect for us, family car, fast enough, I like manual but my wife doesn't, so the SSS is perfect. We were looking at the Subaru Libery B4, but it was too expensive, not as big as the XR, and the fact that even in sportshift mode if you go over a certain amount of rev's it changes gears for you. NRMA was the cheapest I could find. Just cars quoted me around $12,500, AAMI won't insure anyone with a Turbo that is under 25, GIO doesn't want to know me either. I don't know of any other insurance agencies to try, if you can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it. I was previously insured with NRMA for my 1.6L 4cyl 2000 Pulsar. Cost me $2500 a year for it, but when it got stolen they quoted me $5800 to re-insure it if I got the same model car again. I don't know how they work out their pricing structure, because when I asked how much to insure the Libery B4 twin turbo 2.0L, they quoted me $4800. Edit: Ford Insurance just gave me a quote of $4182. Not a big improvment, but every little bit helps.
  4. $4692. For me and my wife, both 22 living in Sydney.
  5. What percentage are the tints? I know the darkest legal is 35%. I have had 35% before, it's crap so I got it ripped out and replaced with 20%. Can they put the 20% in? or does it have to be completly legal? Would it void the warranty of any parts of the car if some one went to say a tinting place and got an illegal tint?
  6. Contracting for his company. Working on Mobile Computing. 22 here.
  7. Cro

    Premium Brakes

    Not all the time. It's nice to know it's there incase it's needed.
  8. Cro

    Hi ALL!!!

    I read in Motor or Wheels mag that Ford are looking into using a 6 speed tiptronic gear box. Maybe it might be out for the BA2...
  9. Cro

    Premium Brakes

    mhumps, Thanks for the reply. About the brake fading, I don't mean wearing out over time, I mean doing some very hard stopping for about 10 mins (racing conditions), and then feeling the brakes are no where near as effective as they were before the hard braking started (if that makes any sense). I recently took the Subaru Liberty B4 for a test drive, after 2 hard stops (from about 140km/ph) the brakes heated up so much the stopping power was pathetic. I need to test drive an XR (Turbo, No Turbo, 8, doesn't matter which one as long as it's a XR) with standard and premium brakes. To see which one is best for me, is there a possibility of this happening?
  10. Cro

    Premium Brakes

    What are the standard brakes like on the XR6Turbo? I am thinking of buying one early - mid next year.. I'm a very heavy brake user, especially with a car the size and weight of the new XR6T. Is there any fade? How bad is it? How much do new brake pads cost? (including install) How much do heavy duty pads cost?. (including install). How bout the premium break package, how much better are they than the standards? How much do the premium pad's cost ? (including install). So far I have been installing brake pads myself, but have not had a car with ABS, so I don't know if it's any different. Thanks
×
×
  • Create New...