Jump to content

poida97

Member
  • Posts

    124
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by poida97

  1. poida97

    BA Handbrake

    PS. what is "TSB" short for? My dealer doesn't even know what a TSB is. Is there a reference number for it, eg "TSB1234"? cheers Anthony
  2. poida97

    BA Handbrake

    FINALLY. I suppose that there will still be a large cost if the car is out of warranty? 90000 kms but 2002 model. AV
  3. Thanks mate. had I known it was you I would have come down to day g'day. You must be happy with the tune- who did you get do do it? Anthony
  4. Rob, good time, well done. was that with a custom tune or still the generic tune?
  5. Another awesome video. Thanks for the comments guys. I think I am a bit limited in where/when we can go as a few or my mates want to bring their bikes along. Looking forward to the next Wakefield session, will be coming along for a look.
  6. Well for starters the camera needs to be an NTSC output so that the picture it shows is compatible with the car's NTSC screen. Anthony
  7. Ouch, that sucks. Has anyone been to a drive day at eastern creek? How does it compare to wakefield? A group of mates are keen to have a go and we were wondering what the pros and cons of each are. eg price- WP $90 + $40 licence, EC $250??? distance from home- WP 2.5 hrs, EC 10 minutes the track itself- WB narrow and bumpy, EC wide and smooth probability of collecting something solid if you stuff up big time- WP ???, EC ??? I'll be looking to do it after I change the non-premo front rotors. The car is out of warranty now and (again) a month after the last service, they are warped again. What do you guys reckon is the better option, DBA gold (drilled + slotted) or Slotted only? cheers Anthony
  8. 900 bucks? What happened? I may be interested in giving it a go one day but not if the walls are too close to the track. Can't afford to break the car. From forrestd's video it looks like the corner at the end of the straight is the place to really keep an eye on things. What sort of speed do you guys reach?
  9. poida97

    New Gtho

    A TT 5.4L V8 would be the ultimate. Now, to make it fit....
  10. this should help: http://capa.com.au/ford_flash_tuner.htm
  11. I don't know- it was nothing more than a guess. Some sort of usage restriction wouldn't be too bad an idea, given it could achieve a few outcomes: - protecting the professionals (dealers) to some degree - increasing the number of personal packages sold, and as a result of that, - reducing the sale price of the personal units. Anthony
  12. Couldn't agree more, but with the addition of the unit being locked to the one car.
  13. what's the dealer software worth roughly anyway? is anybody able to purchase it, or only a workshop? I would imagine that the personal software would be VIN locked as well, just like the flasher itself. AV
  14. I read in a recent issue of Motor or Wheels that Expensive Daewoo will be using the ZF as well. Not sure how much truth there is to that though. Anthony
  15. Sounds tops- wouldn't mind seeing a few pics if you get a chance! Cheers A.
  16. Thanks heaps for those, the second video was a laugh- yes I do appreciate you recording them! It does looks like it will be near impossible to get anywhere near decent reception- to run digital TV. Has anyone thought about an analogue tuner? The problem that I see with digital is that it is ALL or NOTHING. There is either perfect picture and sound quality- or nothing at all. At least with an analogue tuner, the picture or sound will just go a bit fuzzy every now and then. So does anyone know how many years of analogue transmission are left?
  17. - bump Anyone? Cheers
  18. Some BA owners have to put up with more AUX noise than others- I am one of the unlucky ones- so be sure to let us know what you find. What did the 80 amp filter cost you? I haven't yet tried using a filter under the dash.
  19. Can somebody post a photo or video of the picture and sound quality typically found when moving? Cheers, Ant
  20. I use a similar set of connections for my audio setup. it's a bit bulky but you should be able to hide it somewhere.
  21. Now that's a brilliant idea.
  22. Me too, my warranty's about to finish up so I'll need to do a few things myself!! Anthony
  23. poida97

    Pin Counting

    Yeah my lead is the same. I noticed it when I was looking to see if I had a 15-pin to 9-pin lead so that I could hook the flash box up to my PC. Very bodgey isn't it? Having said that, does anyone have the pin diagram for the SCT flasher programming lead? It looks like a very simple 15 to 9 pin lead with a power supply also running into the 15 pin end to power the flasher. It costs something like US$70 plus postage to buy. Then it would only take somebody with a good bit of reverse engineering knowledge to muck around to get a nice look at all the tables for each tune. Problem is that that would be eliminating the expensive CAPA dealer software which may not be the "right" thing to do... My guess is that in the next few months there will be several other products released that can modify the data stored in the tables on the PCM, just like teh CAPA/SCT unit. If only I was a programmer... Ant
  24. If you are considering replacing the six with an eight, check out this link. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CHEV-350-NEW-NOT-RE...1QQcmdZViewItem Remember that although the 350 might guzzle a bit more fuel, they generally do last longer than smaller motors. It will always tow 3 skiers out of the deep better too. What size/type of boat have you got? Anyway, re-reading your original post again- looks like you'll be looking to stay with a 250.
  25. - and if it's NOT what you are after, send me the details of the seller because I would be! Ant
×
×
  • Create New...