Jump to content

Hazy

Member
  • Posts

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Hazy

  1. cheers guys, gauge works now. it was the 12v supply. I used an acc line to power gauge and sensor which I guess 'pass of least resistance' took play therefore not powering the sensor, only the gauge. ran a separate line for sensor and shazamm! top notch, cheers for everything. I'll put up a photo for anyone who wants a look at what the DRiFT's look like. Also, how accurate is reading form actuator vacc line?
  2. cheers winstor, I'll try a different power supply and check that mine maintains power during engine crank. I think the +12v line is fine as the gauge lighting runs off the same line and havent noticed any faults. shouldnt be this hard! feel free to comment ppl, and help out. Cheers, Hazyco
  3. okay fellas, thanks for yr info. I have now hooked up the boost sensor hose to the vac line from actuator and still nothing at all apart from -30 pound as I had before, even after a drive. im beginning to think my brand new spanking sensor is buggered. the gauge does its little setup dance and just stays on -30 pound. I'll dismantle the sensor in a bit and c how all that works hopefully. not happy. anyone else who can shed light or had the same trouble, will appreciate the info. Cheers, Hazyco
  4. Can someone please shed some light on boost gauge installs. I bought a DRiFT 52mm Ignite series 2 gauge and is not building pressure. just staying on 30 pound vacc. took it for a drive today, let it spool etc and nothing. I have put this in myself just for sheer satisfaction. one main question I have is, I went to an autobarn (fully sic) shop and they said to tap it in to the intake pipe, just before the manifold where the butterfly is. so that's what I've done, and the pipe is an alloy plazman plennum/pipe. should I be getting a reading from there? everything else works, like lighting etc. all cables I've double checked, good earth to - battery terminal. so could either I've tapped into the wrong spot or the gauge may be faulty. Help would be muchly appreciated!! Cheers, Hazyco BAXR6TUTE: plazman plennum, APS 3" stainless into twin 2.5" pipes out back, larger intercooler, bigger injectors, GT valve springs, larger actuator, 12 PSI.........
  5. Its turbo time!! (schwarzenegger voice)
  6. Hazy

    New Members Thread

    hey guys am new ere. had my 03 BA XR6T Uterus for bout 2 weeks now. lotsa questions and information to gather from the site. Will add more photos etc when I can. Cheers Hazyco
×
×
  • Create New...