Jump to content

Boost6

Member
  • Posts

    111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boost6

  1. 500 rwkw is awesome, but I think by that stage you should be looking at a serious 4WD conversion BCL. Perhaps it's time to buy a GTR - HaHa. Or maybe you should be looking for a tyre sponsor - you will need it!!! Keep up the good work.
  2. Not bad, I came runner up in the Holden/Ford bracket (broke out in the final) Saw C@V's XR6T at LS1 Nationals running low 11s That is one fast ford - looked awesome.
  3. My ute is still on the train coming back from Perth - Babow. Instead I am driving the BMW to Heathcote for the LS1 knuckle-dragger nationals (only cause there will be 2 very fast GTRs there I want to see) leaving at 5am. So unless u guys want a very early breakfast at EOTH instead I will catch u all next time. Boost, out.
  4. Hi there. Did a 12.7 @ 115 on Wed night. Best at Drag Combat was 12.8 @ 114. Came runner up in Finals after breaking out by 2/10s. Did some big skids. Was good fun.
  5. I was a bit surprised to be the only XR6T at Drag Combat. Had a good trip, you guys have a good road system here. Was a bit disappointed not to meet any forum members while I was here. Oh well, maybe next time
  6. Hey Westies, I am bring my ute over to take to Drag Combat. Will be in Perth from 2nd till 13th April. Be good to join a cruise or something if there is one on while I'm there. I'll check this thread when I get there. John
  7. G'day guys, I'm taking my ute to Perth for Drag Combat. Wont be back till after Easter. Will catch up on next cruise if u have one while I am away.
  8. Yeah, I had problems with idle as well.Did it a couple of times before the kit was fitted & has done it since a few times as well. Very annoying. Have a look at the thread on stalling - seems lots of people are having problems with it.Hopefully the Ford ecu upgrade will help(when they do one!)
  9. that's great Da Hulk, I'm glad you like the outcome. I think you did the right thing painting the covers & plenum acid rush to match the exterior - looks tough. I have not encountered the valve spring problem yet, but there is a fair bit of thrashing going on so I will keep my eye on it. I am very happy with my stage II ute. although I need a new set of Dunlop SP 9000's on the back after 6000km - ouch(they are bloody dear) I am thinking of going to a wider/taller tyre to get better traction, as It does tend to skip out quite badly at the top of 1st & into 2nd gear now. As far as the "advertised" output of 350 fwkw stage II kit is concerned, mine made 270rwkw at tilbrooks & 288rwkw at the All Ford Show, but the real figure is 113.6 mph at the drags(on a 12.63) With 1800kg inc hard cover + 100kg driver & fuel(conservative!) that's 4100 pounds. 4100 pounds & 113.6 mph = 470hp or 350kw The bonus is the huge amount of mid range torque & bottom end throttle response. Also, due to the plumbing changes, the inlet temps are much lower than std, so even on a hot day in Adelaide, it performs very well. I dont think I will do anything else to mine(even the std exhaust can stay) I love it just as it is. Go XR6Ts
  10. I think I might have something on, but if I'm free I'll be there. Drags is on the Sat night, but have to go out - babow.
  11. I saw a dude walking around with a fairly big Doberman - obviously noone told him. Was a good day(even if I was hungover!) Good to see you guys there - love the new ride Voy. Will catch up on the next cruise day.
  12. Dunno. I bring real big hat just in case.
  13. My ute is totally standard inc exhaust. The only mod is a stage II nizpro kit. With std tyres/pressure & nothing removed from car (std weight around 4200 lb with me in it!) I ran a 12.63 @ 113.6 mph on a 2.0 60' time using manual shift at 5000 rpm with the auto. dont know how to post time slip.
  14. Yep - Ive had some wicked drags along there too. All Ford Day - meet at 8.00am at Maughan Thiem Ford on Sunday 14th. It's at 1013 Port Road, Cheltenham just near old Port rd We will all cruise together to the car show & line up next to the Maughan thiem boys as part of their display. Bring meat etc if want to use their bbq setup.
  15. beat my PB with a 12.63 @ 113mph tonight at AIR.
  16. Mine hunts & stalls quite often, thens runs fine for a while then starts doing it again. First got throttle body replaced , was fine then started playing up again. Then got switch under dash connected to pedal replaced. Still does it. Changed plugs. Still does it. ???? What the hell is it?
  17. Looks great Brian. Well done. Bet you surprise a few people on the street with that weapon.
  18. And it did! By Me - whoo hoo. Ran 12.91 @ 112.68 12.71 @ 112.51 then 12.63 @ 113.69 Cooler air must have helped as there were no other changes.
  19. Yep, they are fitting their first stage II kit to an acid rush ute soon they are still happy to do warranty work on mine(where Tilbrooks fitted the kit) I think it is great we have an open minded dealer on board that likes us to modify our cars. BTW - anyone bringing their cars out to the drags tonight for some fun? I think Bruce may be - looks like my 12.96 might get beaten.
  20. Yep. bit before 8am (rubbing sleep out of eyes) who else is coming?
  21. Probably would be - but, as I said, I have 2 other modified cars to play with, & would rather keep my tow car reliable.I do tend to break things when I push too hard. I spoke to Mike Perry today at Maughan Thiem Ford, he confirmed that we are welcome to come(at no cost to us), but in order to do so we must meet them at Maughan Thiem Port Rd at 8.00am & cruise to the show with them. The show will be over by 3.00pm. They have a BBQ setup there so we can bring meat etc. So who is interested?
  22. I think they are getting a bit excited there. It feels like high 12s is where it is at. The throttle problem only really affected it at idle so I think top end power is same. I dont want to keep pushing mine as it is a daily driver. I think your's will get the 11. It is one tough ute.
  23. Sorry Vik, I have been away up North. I am still keen to go, & was under the impression that if we put our cars on the Maughan Thiem stand, we wouldn't have to pay entry - I will confirm if this is the case on Monday. As far as the Skyline(s) go - Oh well that's highly modified cars. If it was easy, everyone would have insanely fast machines. As it is, I seem to have eternal shed dwellers. one day, one day.
  24. Anyone coming out to the 4,6&rotor nats (or should that be the 40-60 degree nats -= bloody hot!!!) Will have the ute out there, but will be racing the GTR.
  25. Mike Perry from Maughan Thiem Ford at Port Adelaide has invited us to put a line up of Ts at the All Ford Day on the 14th March(Sun) show goes from 10 - 3 pm. They will have a big barby set up there & he said we could bring our own meat & use the barby. The show is at Immanuel College at Novar Gardens. He said if we could get 5-6 Turbos we could have our own section - maybe we could get some XR6Turbo forum stickers to let other T owners know about this site & boost our cruise numbers? If anyone is keen, we could go for a short cruise along the beach afterwards or something. Any thoughts???
×
×
  • Create New...