Jump to content

Mr X

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    998
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mr X

  1. Mr X

    Premium Fuel

    I,ve been spying on the "dark side" ( Australian LS1 and GM Daewoo owners or whatever ) and they have some very well informed people discussing the advantages or otherwise of various brands of fuel on their forum . I,ve noticed for instance that our luvlee old EB Xr8 loves Mobil 8000 or Caltex Vortec even though the octane rating is lower and Shell Optimax doesn,t seem to suit it ,which loosely follows the findings of the SS owners.SO what brand is best for our new XR6 turbo ?
  2. check your trip computor av. fuel consumption. mine showed 41 litres per 100 km. after its first frantic 22 kms in the hands of the dealership and now averaging 16.5 litres per 100 km. Check straightness of door panels around external handles ,not sure if slight distortion is normal like EA-EL will check with Dents Out guy I know.
  3. Mr X

    Speed Kills

    can we assume it was a test pilot and a salesperson? Maybe it wasn,t their fault .Could happen in any car I suppose .Life is just too damn short.
  4. Easy XAGT RPO 83 coupe,E49 RT Charger,A9X Torana hatchback,70 Mustang Mach 1,XW GT,EB GT,E55 Charger 340,love 'em all
  5. Eddie,the salesman was right. I too wanted premium brakes,went for a ride in SA saloon car champion,s XR6T road car,it stopped well.His advice was unless using the car for competition spend the money on something else.which Idid.Hope that helps!
  6. Gedday in\out there, will take delivery in 3rd week of Nov. XRT manual ,18's,premium sound,ultra dark tint,plexus grey,Lightning Strike.Salesman has suggested orange GT stripes but I,m unsure.Will GT owners be offended? Getting it chipped for 230 approx. rear wheel Kw.Opinions on stripes PLEASE ican,t make up my mind.
  7. red,silver;white,black don,t seem to date
  8. It was an AU colour too maybe not so good "Hero" colours tend to date car e.g Tiger Gold = VT 2 .
×
×
  • Create New...