Jump to content

Moose

Member
  • Posts

    185
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Moose

  1. I'm not a fan of the FG, how ever it is growing on me, and I have a few car yards getting back to me for trade in on my BF F6 for a FG F6 310 and what its going to cost me extra. How ever, until im certain nothing will happen, the shape over all of the car is growing on me, but im not 100% keen on it just yet, so I'd have to vote the BF F6 over the FG XR6T
  2. Well, got my springs Saturday... ended up with Super Super Lows for the back and Lows for the front, so bonus. Having the fronts compressed another inch this week (havnt put them in yet, but lows wont cut the cheese). Put the SSL's in Saturday, sits lower now, tucks almost all the tyre, but I want it to tuck the rim aswell, so going to have them compressed another inch maybe inch and a half this week also. I have one photo of it that got snapped at the spit yesterday, will post more later.
  3. Hi all, Well, I want to dump the phoon on the down-low. So ordering some super lows for the front, and getting super super lows for the rear and having the compressed further so it will sit lower again, over all goal is to get it tuckin 20's. Got a few questions, going this low, will I need to do anything with the rear struts? Or will they get that low with out too many dramas? Also, having the guards rolled, pumped and flared so it wont scrub, but is there anything else I should do to the rear? Ill get photos up in about 2 weeks.
  4. Small update... my missus hit a massive pothole a few weeks ago and buckled a rim, thank Christ no other damage other than bad wheel alignment (since fixed of course). Got a new rim on the way, finally haha. Other news, got a Kompact series BOV for it, sounds pretty good, just the sort of sound I was after. Getting the centre muffler removed July 10th, along with twin 3" pipes out the back instead of the stock tips. Got a big FMIC for it, probably get that fitted when I get the pipes done. Then save up for injectors and get the exhaust finished off! Pics of the exhaust in a few weeks. Thanks to all for the comments too!
  5. Hi all, Sorry to be a bother with another thread, but I had a search and found a few answers to my questions, but obviously being an XR6T site, most of the answers related to the XR6T and I just want to make sure I get things right. I want to upgrade the exhaust on the F6, I want it to be a little bit louder than stock, but dont want it overly stupidly loud, but I want a noticeable performance upgrade as well. My thoughts were a 4" dump pipe, high flow 4" in cat, then 3.5" cat back with probably two mufflers, then out the back twin 3" pipes. Question is, if I upgrade the exhaust, am I going to need to do anything else, such as injectors, re-tune it etc etc? Or if I do that exhaust, will it run fine? My end plans are to do the injectors, flashtune, bigger fmic etc, but doing it one bit at a time. Thanks it advance
  6. As said, block off that vac hose. As for dose pipes, they vary. Different lengths before bends, different degree bends, more bends, longer pipe, different size pipe etc all changes the dose sound. If you put a real BOV on and wind it almost shut (so like 1/8 turn off being shut) it will make a louder flutter and sound almost like a dose. If you go one step further and put a bigger internal wastegate on the turbo and weld it open, it will flutter harder again.
  7. Might as well add my 2c. Bought one of these yesterday afternoon, but I bought the one that has the trumpet on one side and nothing on the other, so its not a plumb back one at all. Shut off the stock 'plumb in' pipe with the metal plug they provided, hooked the BOV up to the BOV line & connected the vac hose up. Didn't wind it tighter or looser, just left it how it came out of the box. Took it for a run up the street, still holds boost well, doesnt leak boost, and has a good sound to it. The psshh sound comes out in 3 bursts, followed by the waste gate dumping a 'hektik flutter uleh' Over all, for $260 that it cost me, it was worth it. Mine being auto you can make it so that no one hears it when u drive, or that everyone hears you, and it doesn't get annoying going off every time you shift gears. My final rating is *****
  8. Sounds like a plan. What number exactly do you mean?
  9. Hmm hard to check the wheels now, as I sold them to a mate (Well, swapped the 20's for them). Doesnt matter with or with out the Typhoon wheels, because if someone doesnt recognise the whole body being a Typhoon then I doubt the wheels would do them much help. Check the pics above your post (I must have posted just before you) and that's how she sits now!
  10. Here are the updated photos. 20" wheels, 225/30 front 255/30 rear. Also pic of the sub, amp is screwed to the sub behind it.
  11. The dealer is going to get back to me... havnt heard sh*t since. Ive got my kicker sub and amp in now and it sounds sweet, also ended up putting 20's on it. Ill get photos this arvo when I get home!
  12. Yeah I got no idea, might call the dealership up and ask them WTF tomorrow.
  13. I thought the same thing, but its badged MKII? All my paper work says MKII, like all my finance and insureance, and the plates under the car say MKII. So this lead me to think it had been in an accident, but the revs check turned up nothing? Maybe I have a hybrid freak?
  14. Hey everyone! This is my newest baby, and so far I love it to death. I picked it up Friday 11th of April. Its a 2006 MKII BF F6 Typhoon in fire engine red! Its my 8th car in 3 years since getting my license, but I think this one will be a keeper! I've started doing some research for some more power, and as listed below this is what im getting done shortly. She runs the ZF 6 Speed auto gear box, and I chose the auto over the manual because I wanted something that was a bit more of a cruiser, and something nice and comfy to drive. It has premium sound and I didnt want one with the leather so it has the swede. Im near Brisbane in QLD so ill have to keep an eye on the Ford cruises! Keen to meet a few fellow 'phoon owners! Engine: BARRA 270T 4.0L I6 Turbo Exhaust: Standard Coming: 4" Dump + 4" cat for performance and 3.5" cat back for some noise Suspension: Standard Coming: King super lows Wheels: Standard Coming: Was considering 20's, but "performance tires" for 20's cost way too much. So looking at some 19's now. Modifications: Standard Coming: Injectors, bigger front mount intercooler, flash tune. Stereo Audio / Visual: Standard Premium Sound, Removed stock sub. Kicker 12" SolarBaric 800rms woofer with an alpine 1000rms amp. Estimated Power: 270kw@fly & 550NM of Torque Coming: Hoping for at least 320rwkw or more after above mods completed.
×
×
  • Create New...