hardcore
Member-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by hardcore
-
Hi Guys, The Gas Lift Struts for my hardcover have worn out, anyone know where to get replacements from other than ford?
-
Changing Front Springs And Shocks To Stock
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in Suspension and Handling
excellent thanks, that's what I wanted to hear -
Changing Front Springs And Shocks To Stock
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in Suspension and Handling
-
Changing Front Springs And Shocks To Stock
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in Suspension and Handling
I have attached the picture of what I will be installing, By the looks of things Is the strut and it will just be a task of swapping no compressor required? I can just take out the lowered one as a whole and then swap with this? -
Changing Front Springs And Shocks To Stock
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in Suspension and Handling
Was hoping to buy one of the stanley ones from Super cheap auto tom orrow while they have 20% off.http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-store/products/Stanley-Coil-Spring-Compressor.aspx?pid=12548#Description Will this one work fine? -
Hi Guys, I am going to replace my lowered springs and shocks in my bf mk2 with standards. Will I need a spring compressor to do this if I follow the guide that is pinned in this section? Can it be done without or is it worth buying one even if I will onyl use it once?
-
Can I get away without using a spring compressor to replace my lowered springs with a set of standard ones? If I do I will buy tomorrow when supercheap has 20% off. if not I will try without
-
how did you go with getting them to fix?
-
Guide For Replacing Ute Leaf Springs?
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in Suspension and Handling
Should I be replacing bushes or anything at the same time while I got the leafs out? Going to give it a shot next weekend I have free. Anything else I may need to replace? I have been told in another thread I may need new shocks. -
Hi Guys, I can find a guide for replacing the front shocks. Does anyone know if one exists or has been created for changing leaf springs in a ute? Thanks.
-
I actually just came on to post this issue with mine. I went away for 2 weeks and car was not driven in that time. I moved it to notice an oil patch in my garage. I got under my car and noticed it was leaking from the same spot as mentioned above. Could not tighten the bolts up any futher with an allen key it just kept slipping. I have since moved my car and it has not leaked for the past 3 days. SHould it sitting there undriven cause this? Ford Dealer has wiped my gearbox out in the past driving into thier workshop and replaced gasket 30 000k's ago. Any suggestions? Sorry to steal your thread also
-
Hi Guys, I know this is an old topic, Does anyone know if there are any guides for leaf spring replacement? similar to the front suspension one which has been done? I got some standard fronts and rears. Quoted $450 to raise at local pedders.
-
Here are some pics can someone tell from these what has been done? or do I need better pics? Added one to show height off exhaust
-
Took car in today for a wheel allignment, but apparently its too low to fit on the machine. Anyone else been told this? Can I go elsewhere or will I have this issue everywhere?
-
13.7 stock bf mk2 ute. permormance auto mode no stall just floor once lights changed green.
-
Where abouts are u located?
-
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow and If I can't tell the differnce I will take some photos and post.
-
I'm not sure exactly, whats the best way to tell?
-
Hi Guys, I have recently had a baby so I might have to sell the ute in the future and buy a sedan. Problem is ute is too low to pass roadworthy. The Ute has been lowered, by the previous owner. It is legal height with no one in the car but as soon as someone sits in the drivers seat it becomes too low. (Found this out last time when I went for a roadworthy). Do I need to get a new leaf spring setup in the rear to raise it about an inch or is there something a suspension shop can do that will raise it? e.g add another leaf ? Also will this look weird if I just raise the back will I have to do the front aswell? Exhaust is the lowest part. Anyone else had this issue or know a fix? Cheers
-
Just been on the phone trying to organise tyres. I am suprised at the price differences for stores all within 5 minutes of eachother. Best price for Kumho 245 40 R18 = $255 per tyre @tyrepower = $270 @Tyres and More = $329 @ Kmart Highest Price = $343 @Bob Jane Glad I didn't just go to Bob Jane like I usually do.
-
Check out ebay, they are always on there.
-
Xcal 1 Going Offline Discussion
hardcore replied to senna_T's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
I have an Xcal 1 which has generic tunes on it. I have not been able to afford to go and get a custom tune. Does this mean its useless for me and I am stuck with the generics? -
7-Eleven Fuel Takeover 'Good For Motorists'
hardcore replied to f-wolf's topic in General Automotive Talk
I'm not sure about elsewhere, but my local 7/11 doesn't even sell premium unleaded they got rid of the 95 for the ehanol. Don't go there anymore -
Had A Flat Today, Spare Would Not Fit Over Brake Calipers
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in General Tech
Does anyone have a single rim they are willing to sell that is a 17" or bigger. I can only find sets of 2 or 4. Still driving around with no spare. -
Had A Flat Today, Spare Would Not Fit Over Brake Calipers
hardcore replied to hardcore's topic in General Tech
I had a look today and on it written in permanent paint pen is EL, Do you guys think this wheel is from an EL falcon? Can someone confirm 16's do fit? do I need a different offset or a bigger size?
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.