-
Posts
178 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by YLD-11Z
-
its actually more about the torque than the power, in regards to shifting, that's why I asked was it falling off at the high rpm range.
-
mate you will see a ten, I promise you. I dont care if I blow the diff doing it. the car will run a 10
-
ha ha you are one funny bloke. that's twice now you have made me laugh.
-
doesnt you car make much power higher in the rev range? cause the wheels were not really spinning through the gears, that's why I was asking
-
hey mate any reason why you short shifted in every gear bar 4th?
-
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
Thanks for clearing that Pat, the original plan was to have a dyno car which it still will be but after going to the latest andra drag meet, I just couldnt help myself, I think its in my blood -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
ha ha its always going to happen, I just hope I can get a clean pass before it lets go. what tyres are you going to run? -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
hey luke, was that in street trim? what tyres were you runnning? dont make the manual record too hard for me lol -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
this is the biggest turb ever fitted 2 an xr-f6, yeh ? ah maybe, not too sure, I know of one other with one. that black ute running 600rwkw plus has a gt42r. heres an engine bay pic of mine from a few weeks ago -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
yeah I hate NSW as well. Canberra is where its all lol, we have everything here like public servants and public servants and some more public servants -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
yeah as long as you bring me out some fried rice and maybe some saki for a drink, then no worries -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
yeah its a twin plate but rated at over 1000hp with no problems. the rear housing on the turbo is 1.05 good for street and drag use not too sure about the front. dont know what the compression is, Pat will know. Tuner is JEM and Jakes Performance will be doing a tune as well. -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
here you go http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=bsINqwq-3YI and just to let everyone know my mate own this property, it was not done on a public road -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
550hp from a 1.3 (rx2) is not bad though but personally I dont like rotarys at all. my mate said have a go so I did, who am I to say no to strapping a 9 sec car lol. As for mods here we go.... Atomic rebuild kit Atomic camshafts GT45R ETM manifold 60mm turbosmart waste gate set to atmosphere 4 inch exhaust all the way through with no cat plazmaman plenum twin bosch 044s billit oil pump RAPID kit V3.5 Turbosmart megasonic BOV turbo, manifold, dump all ceramic coated Um Pat help me here... am I missing anything?? I have decided to run it on MAXNOS, as I know someone here in Canberra that can get it for me whenever I want at a good price. Plus a couple of my mates with drag cars run it so we can all chuck in for a 205L drum. I think it works out to be around $7.5 a litre. -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
ah so I see you have seen the youtube video, maybe that's got something to do with why my motor blew? lol -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
yeah cheers mate, im only talking sh*t anyway lol. I actually dont mind the new evo's. would rather one of them over an sti but if ford keeping making the f6's I dont think theres much chance of me ever buying a evo -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
ha ha yeah and I had to cut the other mods short (not enough room). but thanks all the same, we'll run it and see what it can do. Sounds like I have opened a big bag of worms here and all I really wanted to see what the quickest time was lol. oh well -
Manual Only Ba-Fg, Xr6 Turbo ¼ Mile Times
YLD-11Z replied to YLD-11Z's topic in Track & Strip Racing
yeah it will when I get the car back, but ill run down the strip before all the subs and sh*t goes in
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.