Jump to content

kb351

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    80
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by kb351

  1. When I was purchasing my new car recently, I was told that the valve springs, con-rods and other internals were the same but the cam profiles, intercooler and air intakes were different. This was by the salesperson, not the service dept so I cannot guarantee that is right.
  2. Hi All, I have an annoying problem with an Overhead Alpine DVD player that was installed for me. When the cabin lights (built into the DVD player unit) come on an annoying buzz comes from the unit, just for a second, when the interior lights first come on. When I collected the car the installer said it was a common problem with Fords as they have a "power saving feature" that requires a relay to be installed which makes a buzzing noise, just as the interior lights come on. At the time I asked them to do something to stop the noise and they took the car back into the workshop and when it came back the noise was still there but no so loud. Since then I have found that the noise seems to have got louder (or maybe I just notice it more) and worse still when the cabin light dims after turning the car off the buzz goes for a longer period of time as the cabin light slowly dims. Just wondering if anyone else has experinced the problem? The obvious solution is to go back to the installer and get it sorted and I am waiting on a call back from them but I will fix it myself if it is just a matter of changing to a different relay - if that really is what the cause is!
  3. Hi again, Just for those interested , I have included a couple of photo's of the new car - already have about 2000 k's on it and am just about ready to get the 1st complimentary Ford service then on to Simon at Xtreme it goes. Only interested in a basic tune and edit with the CAPA flash and was hoping for about 240+ RWKW.
  4. Thanks for the welcome guys! As far as the mod bug goes, I have already purchased a blank CAPA flash tuner and after browsing through some of the posts, I guess the next logical step is to speak to Simon at Xtreme!
  5. Hi all, I have just become the proud owner of a new F6 Typhoon, 6 speed auto, leather, Silhouette in colour. Just thought I would share my experience as I drove some Holdens before settling on the F6 as I couldnt quite reconcile to the fact that 4.0l itres of turbo 6 could seriously compete with 6.0 litres of V8 grunt! I was lucky enough to be able to test the 6.0 litre SS-V, and the Calais-V on the same day as the F6. The Holdens both look great - I know people might not agree but the new body shape really is well done. The motor - going to 6 litres has filled in the low-down gap that the standard 5.7's used to have. It is quite "twitchy" down low, easy to spin wheels but still goes flat for a little while before picking up revs, but when they are revving they certainly spin hard! I looked at the V models as compared to the F6 as I thought that the sandard SS looked a bit cheap, interior-wise and thought that the higher specc'd versions were probably a fairer comparison to the Typhoon. Still didnt like the interior of the SS-V, the Calais was nice inside but was spoilt by the noisy auto - bit of a whine, which I didnt think suited the fact it is targeted at the "luxury" end of the market. The auto's in both the Commodores was not as smooth as the F6 and when you took your foot off after accelearting hard seemed to "rev back" through the auto - certainly not the sophisticated feel that the F6 ZF has. As far as straight line performance goes, the cars are all seemed pretty much line ball with one another but they deliver power quite differently - the F6 is great torque with a solid thrust from down low to red-line, while the V8's build in urge as revs rise. I have always owned V8's but the way the Turbo 6 did it things was great - unfussed and smooth - probably not news to any of you guys but quite a revelation to me. Anyway to sum up I just loved the sophisticated way the Typhoon performs and the fact you can do some pretty simple mods to get power up is always a good thing. Thanks for indulging me with my first post, probably just speaking the bleeding obvious but I can understand why these Turbo cars have developed such a following!
×
×
  • Create New...