Jump to content

Steffche

Member
  • Posts

    51
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Steffche

  1. Where do you get 'Ford' ones? I called Bayford today and asked about it, they said its an aftermarket thing, and they put me through to Autopro...who had em for $110!!!! Do most guys have the lower grill...if so where did most of you get them from?
  2. One more thing....is the insert of the XR Luxury trim really leather/suede...or fabric? I cant tell...!!
  3. Thanks mate..ha d a quick look, seems like im doing ok..giving it a little boot here and there..trying to stay off teh rev limiter.. cheers..
  4. Quick question...where the manual says "for the first 1500Klm do not tow, do not drive at constant speeds, do not let idle for long periods...and DO NOT RACE the engine...on that last point...how closley did you guys follow the advice? Not that I've gone crazy fangin' it all over the place, but I have laid the boots in a few occasions...nothing too crazy though...but I feel guilty!
  5. Ok..took a couple of shots today... .....still smiling...!!!
  6. Guess what...we need milk right now...!!! Off I go...... Just one more thing..does the premo sound system play MP3's?
  7. Wow...thanks for all the replies, suggestions, and the congrats! I STILL haven't taken any pics to post...and as for the question of mods..I already did my first one yesterday...and it only cost me $2.80!! At least I can see where my feet are going when I open the doors at night time.. :banghead: I'd never use the brushes either. Might take the bucket down though my self and do it at night. So far Im loving this car, and just cant wait to find a reason to have to go out for a drive...like forgetting to grab something on the way home from work (on purpose), knowing that the missus is going to make me go out later and get it from safeway..!!! Anyways...thanks again for all the comments. I'll post pics soon..!
  8. Hi everyone, Picked it up lastnight, brandnew BFMKII XR6T, premo options, XR leather interior, sunroof, bluetooth kit. After having owned an SV8 Holden, I can honestly say that the XR6T is really a mile ahead in many ways. Quality of build, raod noise, just the sound the doors make when they close(almost european!) compared to the clunky noise from the commodore. The power delivery from the turbo even in stock form is really something special... So far I am absolutely thrilled with my new car. Just a couple of little things... 1. I thought the 'Premium Sound System' was going to sound a little better than it does. The audio options could really have done with a graphic equalizer to adjust a wider range of frequencies rather than just bass and treble. I find the system really struggles with low end frequencies..not sure what others opinions are on this, but my mates Honda Accord Euro sound system really blows the ford one away. Id be interested to know if anyone has similar feelings, and if they have done anything suchas change speakers or something...? 2. The front bar/grill seems to be missing something...well that's what I thought initially. I was certain I'd seen a few XR6's going around with a black honeycomb type mesh grill at the very bottom of the front bumper with the letters XR6 in the form of a badge.... I thought I'd been ripped of till the salesman said that its an accessory that can be purchased. Is that right? If so, where from and how much? Soon I will post some pics...but coz of the rain we've had in Melbourne today and lastnight, its already a bit dirty. Now I just gotta figure out the best way to wash it...ie, WHen most of you guys go to the car wash, what do you do...whats the order of usage of the 'bug remover', or the Tire and Engine cleaner, the high pressure soap...pre-soak...?? I know this seems trivial..but IM sure there is a right and wrong way to wash a car...
  9. I ordered my XR6T about 4 weeks ago...it took just over 1 week to build and for the past 3 weeks its been getting the sunroof put in.....how long does it take to put a sunroof in???? Seriously..if I dont get it bry this weekend Im gonna lose it!!!
  10. I will soon be getting my XR6t...apparently its at FPV getting the sunroof put in...so I imagine it should only be a couple of weeks away... Anyway..I got a quote from RACV ..$760...im 34 and rating one for life...but have another car and house&contents with em...so maybe that's why?
  11. Not really...I got quoted $33500 drive-away employee pricing for the same options... Instead I went all out and got sunroof, XR Sports leather INterior, Bluetooth, tints, and towbar for $42300 drive-away...in Ego... JUst gotta wait for it to get built now....!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. I ordered mine two days ago...finally...after a long wait, decision making process about going the XR6T or the XR8...then I even contemplated getting a VE SS...but in the end I went the XR6T,,,,, Ego, auto, Sunroof, Leather, Bluetooth kit, and the latest offer which include 18's, premium package..etc...tinted windows.. Now I just gotta wait....!!!!
  13. Steffche

    Edit.

    When people say the Flash tune is detectable by Ford service centres, is that the case even if you flash back the factory tune before you take it in for service?
  14. Exactly...I'm so close to buying the XR6T, and to have something like this come up is not good. I could probably afford a stock standard VE SS ... or I go ahead and buy the XR6T with 18's, Luxury Unterior package incl Leather, sunroof, bluetooth handsfree kit... Hmmm....decisions decisions....
  15. Hi GUys, ANyone read the latest Motor magazine with the shootout between Ford and Holden? It has the XR6 T against the Force 6 and 8 against the HSV GTS, R8 and SS's.... Interesting read...but at teh same time I was a little concerned to see the ordinary 1/4 mile times posted by the XR6T and the dynoed KW readings being so low on the XR6T. JUst wondering if anyone has any opinions on the article....coz to me it seems the VE SS in manual would be the way to go these days.... And yes...if you're wondering....I STILL don't have my XR6t yet...still waiting on some paperwork to be finalized through the lease company. Any comments?
  16. What the???
  17. Hi again, I about to place my order for the XR6T soon...and just as well I waited until the new financial year...now Im getting preimium sound, 18's, XR leather sports seats, window tints, towpack...and.......the BIG QUESTION now is.... SHOULD I GET A SUNROOF????? Is it worth the $$$
  18. Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Unfortunately I STILL haven't had a test drive of an XR8, because no dealer has one, nor can they arrange one for me. So, I think I've made my decision...and its going to be the XR6 Turbo. Im so looking forward to getting it, and the Flash Tune...Im having troubles sleeping at night!! Anyways, thanks again...and no doubt when I do get it in a month or so I'll be posting my impressions and asking questions about some more mods...! Once again, thanks to all... Steve.
  19. As I said, I wasn't being a smartass...I was geniunely interested to know how much more expensive it is to get an 8 to go as fast as a 6 turbo... As that would be a contributing factor in deciding which car to choose.... ....seems like I hit a nurve.... EDIT - just deleted the QUOTE because it has now been edited in the original post.
  20. What does your car do 1/4 mile? And how much $ have you spent to get it there..? Just curious..not being a smartass...
  21. Why an XR6T over the Typhoon?
  22. Can't afford one... Im novate leasing this car, and I am looking at the mid 40 grand mark..$$$
  23. Im confused as to why you say you think Im after an XR8? I am trying to be as open minded as I can. Im reality, I guess I already do have an idea of how V8's are to drive, and yes, they are sluggish on take off...and really start pulling once you're over 60Km/h...but really, with the amount of speed cameras around n stuff I'd probably get more fun out of giving it a quick burst upto 80-100Km/h and then back off... SO perhaps the Turbo may be the better option for eveyday street driving. I;m surprised that the XR8 gets such a bagging in here...!
  24. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a flash tuner? I understand the custom tune bit... What about exhaust? Is it ok, or is it as restrictive as the holdens was? Any cheaper DIY stuff? Just curious, as there was a few little things one could do with the LS1 intake assembly...nothing that a hole saw and a bit of PVC pipe couldn't fix...!
  25. What sort of cheap mods would be first on the list...and what $$ value for each if you dont mind...
×
×
  • Create New...