Joshy
Member-
Posts
15 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Reputation
0 Neutral-
I think the wheels look terrible and would be a big pain in the ass to keep clean too!
-
Correct, was available towards the end of the AU series and early BA only. Great colour!
-
Good to hear mate! that's a good buy!
-
A good price... Is it 6 SPD Manual or 6 SPD Auto? I'd say 22K-23K would be a good buy pricately. I saw an 08/06 BF XR6T in Seduce with 6 Spd Auto + Luxury Pack sell for 23.5K and it had 39,000km on it. Also saw a 2005 BA MKII XR6T in Rapid with 4 Spd Auto + Luxury Pack sell for 20K but it had 75,000km on it.
-
Yeah that would probably be about right. I saw a similar car (Ego BF XR6 with Low Kays) in Canberra but it had been trashed, go for 18K, big scrathes/scuffs over multiple panels and gearbox problems. Funny they didnt mention the gearbox problem until the auction, no mention of it at all in the conditon report.
-
Did the car auctually sell?
-
I spose that's why its always best to check the car out for yourself. You should never buy a car sight unseen, worse thing you could do! There was a 08/04 BA MKI XR6 NA with Luxury Interior Pack, Towbar, Roof Racks finished in Black with 112,000km on it up the other day in Belmore, NSW on Pickles. They had it on a fixed price os $12,400. I thought that was a pretty good buy, the pictures looked ok, just a couple scrapes... but for $12.4K for a car like that, who'd really care!? Was sold within 24 hours. Who knows though what coulda been wrong/right unless you check it out or have someone check the car out....
-
BF XR6 TURBO I think that's your car yeh!? Going under the hammer Tuesday at 11am.
-
I always thought about just puttin a for sale sign on my car just to get my number on there to see if I could get some (hopefully) decent chicks number that way... I met a decent chick by texting her number off her for sale sticker on her car! I saw a Black XR6 ute with, well it wasnt a sticker, but in white paint pen... he had a big dent in the back of the tailgate and had drawn an arrow to the dent and and wrote something like 'Never lend your car to a woman!' or something along those lines... I thought it was very funny.
-
There was also a massive increase in power from BA MKII to BF... a WHOPPING 5kW... not sure on torque figures though without looking them up. Then you got all the little interior/exterior differences like the led taillights, satin chrome door insert pieces, dash cluster change, etc... I think it went... BA MKI - OCT 2002 To OCT 2004 BA MKII - OCT 2004 TO SEPT 2005 BF MKI - SEPT 2005 TO OCT 2006 BF MKII - OCT 2006 - JUNE 2008 OR somewhere thereabouts.... Were the PBR brakes on BA series bigger or smaller than the standard BF brakes?
-
Yes! Some very horrific stories and pictures there! In my search for a XR, it's enough to turn me completely off buying a car painted that colour. Shame really, I was really wanting that colour too. I'd rather be safe than sorry. How'd the inspection go with the ute mate?
-
Someone who will be online when THIS F6 TORNADO gets auctioned on Wednesday see what it goes for? I would but I'll be at work! Wouldnt mind knowing what it goes for. Even though the ad says SEDAN! and 4 speed auto!...
-
If it's the shockwave blue one for 16.5K, go over the paint twice to make sure you it hasnt started peeling/cracking/chipping away. For more info search Fordforums.com.au for 'shockwave' and you will see what I mean!
-
When do you get the $1000 back? at the end of the auction when everythings sold and they see you havent bought anything?? and this is only if y ou sing up as a buyer yeh?
-
With all this talk of cheap XR6T's, I take it none of them would have many options, specifically the Luxury Pack?... I'm looking for an auto XR6T with Luxury Pack in colours other than white/silver/grey/red if anyone knows of any around QLD for a good price let me know!!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.