Sleeper6T Member 356 Member For: 18y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/09 09:33 AM Posted 04/01/09 09:33 AM (edited) Hi all I have a couple of mods lined up for this year, bigger bottom end, new 4" exhaust from Nizpro, new 1000hp cooler from plazmaman and would like to upgrade the turbo and increase the boost from 14psi (current) to 16-17. I just want to get an idea from anyone that has done this as to how much it set them back and what kind of performance return they got. (Thanks to xlnt6 for the pic just wanted to show an example)CheersBrad Edited 04/01/09 09:34 AM by Sleeper6T
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Gender: Male Posted 04/01/09 12:03 PM Posted 04/01/09 12:03 PM whats that ? a to4z ? with a built engine I would be lookin at a t51r. what is your rpm limit, and what engine are u putting in ?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/01/09 12:52 PM Posted 04/01/09 12:52 PM Hmm, somethinglike a GT42 or 45 has been used to great success - as mic said, what are you using it for?17psi is barely in the efficiency for a big turbo though
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/01/09 09:24 PM Posted 04/01/09 09:24 PM xlnt6 used a 0.7A/R compressor cover with the 66mm compressor wheel, turbine side unchanged.It was a bit laggier, but will be nowhere near as laggy as a T51R.It comes back to your application and how much power you want.Brian
Sleeper6T Member 356 Member For: 18y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/09 11:46 PM Author Posted 04/01/09 11:46 PM (edited) Power wise im looking to hit mid 400 rear, but ultimately im wanting to upgrade all the running gear all the hardware and plumbing etc. I dont want whats under there to be "right at it's limit" If I am to get the mid 400 I want to be fully confident in what im running could handle 400 with ease. I'm about 100 or so rwk of where I'd like to be, so im hoping that with the mods I listed before I will be able to achieve that. The guy I brought the car off was quoted 5k fitted and tuned for a typhoon bottom end, which will see me hit 400, so that along with fitting new nizpro exhaust, bigger turbo with increase of boost up to 18 or 19 plus a bigger cooler will see me hit 450. I'm looking at it long term I do want to buy a cheap run around daily driver as having a daily that puts out more than 450 is not something I want to have lol. Please excuse my ignorance with things, im still learning all the lingo and the ins and outs of the engine etc. I read up on xlnt6's post and was impressed by what he had done and what his end result was. Im booked in for a service and tune Friday week so will be able to have a good chat with Simon to find out more. Edited 04/01/09 11:59 PM by Sleeper6T
Dillz Three pedals are better then two.. Legacy Donating Member 15,637 Member For: 19y 4m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/09 01:18 AM Posted 05/01/09 01:18 AM What gearbox have you got mate?
Sleeper6T Member 356 Member For: 18y 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/01/09 03:20 AM Author Posted 05/01/09 03:20 AM This is what im currently running:-AVO FMIC- Xforce SS exhaust 3"- Nizpro Valve springs- Bigger injectors- Nizpro plenum- Mal Wood T56- Option 3 clutch- Plazmaman plumbing with CAI- King springs front and back 2" lowerThe car had a complete AVO stage 3 kit but has since been replaced with Nizpro plenum and plumbing from Plazmaman which includes the CAI. It was recently tuned by Nizpro when the plenum was fitted and it made 341rwkw on 14psi.
spine Legacy Donating Member 642 Member For: 20y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Footscrayastan Posted 05/01/09 06:19 AM Posted 05/01/09 06:19 AM Why dont you do what Leigh from ETM has done and used the std turbo on one of his manifolds. He runs in the 10 sec bracket with the help of some jungle juice. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45544
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 9d Gender: Male Posted 05/01/09 08:14 AM Posted 05/01/09 08:14 AM if u are putting a stock f6 bottom end in 4 that sort of power, u are wasting your time. if going to that extent, do it properly.
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 5d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 05/01/09 08:15 AM Posted 05/01/09 08:15 AM If I were chasing mid 400's I would probably be looking at building an engine as opposed to using the F6 bottom end.I know some people are hitting mid 400's but for a little extra cash your gonna have something bullet proof that will take more than the mid 400's will throw at it. You would also be able to run more boost through a built engine.Saying that, its all in the tune too so whose to say the F6 bottom end wont suffice. Just my opinion...Your also probably gonna have to look at upgrading the clutch again if your looking to go to mid 400's.Depending on the CAI your running at the moment, you may have to upgrade to acheive what your after and the exhaust it definately a good idea...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now