Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 30/07/06 09:02 AM Posted 30/07/06 09:02 AM It's time to do this again!If you haven't been before, it's a real fun day out.Wakefield is a nice small track, with only one wall down the main straight, plenty of run off area's and most corners are nicely cambered.It's a real good way to explore the limitations of driver and car in a legal setting.A few bits of advice:Ensure your tyres still have a bit of life in them as they will be punished, run them about 45-50psi (yes that says 45-50psi).The same goes for your brake pads, they will be punished and if you have standard brakes you will feel a lot of brake fade so limit the amount of laps you doMake sure your car is in tip top condition, if you are leaking oil or anything like it don't go as the clean up bill will be huge.Do a warm up lap or two so you can get into the rythem and learn/relearn the race lines, and do a cool down lap (preferrably 2).When parked after a few laps do not put your hand brake on.You will need to wear a long sleeved shirt, long pants and closed shoes. Bring a jumper as it gets bloody cold down there.For some more info, check out the thread for the last day we went out:http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23235And the Wakefield Park Website: http://wakefieldpark.com.au/There are no weekend dates available in August. However I have chosen August 31 to give possible participents enough time to organise a day off work.There is a general open track day on Thursday August 31.It'll cost you $90 for the day$40 for a Wakfield license (valid for 12 months)and $20 for a helmet if you don't already have one.Wakefield Park is 15 minutes out of Goulburn, and we will be meeting at Pheasants Nest (Mobile Service Station) at about 6am for a 6:30 sharp departure.Pheasants Nest is about 30 minutes South of Narellan Road on the Hume Highway (M5).So who's going?Cro + 1NOSXRGavin.KRAP1DTurbo6mandrcookRussXR6T
Gavin.K Member 288 Member For: 21y 3m 20d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 01/08/06 10:23 PM Posted 01/08/06 10:23 PM I am there also just put in for hoilday if that fails I think I can feel the flue arround the corner.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 02/08/06 11:45 AM Posted 02/08/06 11:45 AM Oh yeah, I love Wakefield! I'll be there.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 03/08/06 02:29 AM Posted 03/08/06 02:29 AM DAMN YOU - DAMN YOU CRO! Now I'll have to go buy some new tyres! Oh well, there goes the tax refund
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 12d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 03/08/06 08:42 AM Posted 03/08/06 08:42 AM ahhh I will be in the UK! would love to do a track day may b next time!Dal.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 03/08/06 12:02 PM Posted 03/08/06 12:02 PM DAMN YOU - DAMN YOU CRO! Now I'll have to go buy some new tyres! Oh well, there goes the tax refund ←Good excuse for a set of semi-slicks hey
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/08/06 11:23 PM Author Posted 03/08/06 11:23 PM DAMN YOU - DAMN YOU CRO! Now I'll have to go buy some new tyres! Oh well, there goes the tax refund ←Well I got to try out the new sway bars....and the new lights on the way home (the long way)
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 04/08/06 02:30 AM Posted 04/08/06 02:30 AM DAMN YOU - DAMN YOU CRO! Now I'll have to go buy some new tyres! Oh well, there goes the tax refund ←Well I got to try out the new sway bars....and the new lights on the way home (the long way) ←OK mate - I'll get them polished up and ready to go
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 13d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 19/08/06 07:47 AM Posted 19/08/06 07:47 AM Is this still on? If so I'll be there
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now