Jump to content

5spd Man Vs 6sp Man Vs Auto


Recommended Posts

Guest fetish
  • Guests
Posted

Im in the market for an XR6T. I would prefer a manual, but there arent that many to choose from? Is there any particular reason why the Auto is more popular than Manual? Im also told the 6spd is a better stronger box than the 5spd is this correct? thanks.

  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Good for nothing member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 12d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

the auto is quicker but the 6spd will hold more torque but the clutch is not the best

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

when modofied, the auto will be quicker in a straight line.... throw some twisties in and it will be a different story.

if your going for a 1/4 mile car go for the auto . If you enjoy track days, go for the manual :spoton:

If you go the manual try to skip the 5 speed.... the 5 speed will have very short life after you modify the car. The 6 speed can handle a lot more torque :blush:

either way you wont be dissapointed :blush:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Manual for my money. Why? Because I wont always be racing somebody, and I reckon a manual is more fun. Go the 6-spd for the reasons above.

Best thing is to drive both, and see which you yourself, enjoy more.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

6 speed!

Cause its fun and you actually 'drive' the car as opposed to being a taxi driver :spoton:

Edited by Bain
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 16d
  • Location: Hurstville, Sydney
Posted

6 Speed manual mate!

yup and Manual is fun!!

I just order one can't wait for end of OCT :blink: .

Dal.

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I know the 6 speed is better then the old 5 speed, but the 5 speed is not really as bad as some say it is. There are a lot of guys on here with the 5 speed manual box that have not had problems. Any box/clucth will break if you punish it enough!

:wavey:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 25d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
I know the 6 speed is better then the old 5 speed, but the 5 speed is not really as bad as some say it is. There are a lot of guys on here with the 5 speed manual box that have not had problems. Any box/clucth will break if you punish it enough!

:wavey:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am super happy with my 5 speed,

On good twistie runs I generally sit in 3rd and 4th

and no problems to date

DEFINATELY MANUAL - DRIVE THE CAR..... :wavey:

shazzy

:wavey:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 20d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have a 5speed and love it. I've done 2 track days (Oran Park & Wakefield Park) and didnt have any problems. Manuals are fun to drive too.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...