mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 18/02/03 01:51 AM Posted 18/02/03 01:51 AM Howdy,I'm 19 years old and have just traded in my 2002 ss Late model camira for something decent such as the xr6t. Even though insurance is a bit hefty I've decided that this is the way to go as I have been waiting for ford to bring out something a bit better than the AU.I was wondering if anyone had the rex dvd system installed in their ford and what they sort of it. Is it good or is their any problems with it. I just can't wait any longer and I have only been waiting one week. I should get it early april. But that it is too long for me.
Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 18/02/03 02:35 AM Posted 18/02/03 02:35 AM The main problem with the DVD system is that for some ludicrous reason it only has a 4x3 screen. If you're familiar with DVDs you'll know that 99% of DVD movies are in the widescreen format (either 2.35:1, 1.85:1, or 1.78:1 aspect ratios) and hence they will be letterboxed on the 4x3 screen. Additionally because of the down-conversion of the picture with 4x3 letterboxing, there is a drop of 25% in picture resolution .Why Ford chose to go with a 4x3 screen for a DVD only system is anyone’s guess!As for image and sound quality of the system, I can't say as I haven't seen it for myself. I imagine it would fairly good, providing you view DVDs at the optimal viewing angle (required for best results with an LCD screen).
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 18/02/03 11:37 AM Posted 18/02/03 11:37 AM Why Ford chose to go with a 4x3 screen for a DVD only system is anyone’s guess! probably to discourage folks from trying to put video on it...for safety reasons
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 18/02/03 09:31 PM Posted 18/02/03 09:31 PM Howdy,I'm 19 years old and have just traded in my 2002 ss Late model camira for something decent such as the xr6t. The car I had when I was 19 was an 1958 Holden. ...used more oil then a LS1 powered Commodore...
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/02/03 12:36 AM Author Posted 19/02/03 12:36 AM I'm just hoping I don't have all the problems I have had with the Late model camira in my FORD.I have done two water pumps. The dealership forgot to connect the fan up after a service so It went straight to the moon temperature wise. I don't have enough time to go on about all the others. Let me just say that for a 19 year old an SS is the ducks guts but to see it like I have it is not very good workmanship on them.Let's hope Fords hold up a bit better. And with regards to the DVD player that is pretty stupid I think, the screen is only 17cm and then if it is letterboxed it's going to be very tiny.
Guest Xr6Tas Guests Posted 19/02/03 12:41 AM Posted 19/02/03 12:41 AM probably to discourage folks from trying to put video on it...for safety reasons I'm talking about the video only system (goes in the same spot the sunroof can go) for rear seat viewing. Not the front mounted SAT NAV version which cannot display DVD video.The SAT NAV is fine as 4x3. The DVD Movie version should definitely be 16x9 :(
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 19/02/03 01:12 PM Posted 19/02/03 01:12 PM I'm talking about the video only system (goes in the same spot the sunroof can go) for rear seat viewing. Not the front mounted SAT NAV version which cannot display DVD video. Hmmm...brain must have been inneutral when I posted that...sorry :nugget:
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 12d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 19/02/03 10:52 PM Posted 19/02/03 10:52 PM I never found any reason to get that rex system. I never sit in the back so whats the point. maybe if the dvd could play on the front xcreen it would be a different story
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 12d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 19/02/03 10:53 PM Posted 19/02/03 10:53 PM by the way how does a 19yo afford cars like this.
mjh Member 156 Member For: 23y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/02/03 11:20 PM Author Posted 19/02/03 11:20 PM Great grandparents who let you take out a nice loan with no interest on the grounds you pay it back before they're dead.I love my grandparents!!!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now