tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 19/03/04 08:54 PM Posted 19/03/04 08:54 PM Watching the news on tele last night(I think)and mention was made of an across the board price rise for fuel of a buck a litre! Geez I hope I was dreaming!!
ducatijb Legacy Donating Member 3,448 Member For: 23y 6m 8d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 19/03/04 09:07 PM Posted 19/03/04 09:07 PM I hope you were dreaming too Can you imagine the inflation we would get across the board with added transport costs
loop Member 49 Member For: 22y 10m 29d Location: North Central Victoria Posted 19/03/04 09:13 PM Posted 19/03/04 09:13 PM Watching the news on tele last night(I think)and mention was made of an across the board price rise for fuel of a buck a litre! Geez I hope I was dreaming!! I'm already paying $1.05 a litre. You city folk have all too good.
tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 19/03/04 10:19 PM Author Posted 19/03/04 10:19 PM ulp 99.9 pulp 105.9 and this Newcastle and put a buck on top of that!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 19/03/04 11:50 PM Posted 19/03/04 11:50 PM Watching the news on tele last night(I think)and mention was made of an across the board price rise for fuel of a buck a litre! Geez I hope I was dreaming!! I'm already paying $1.05 a litre. You city folk have all too good. us city folk are getting there though. paid $1.02 yesterday in brisse for optimax. the week before just 82c... WTF I say... whats the reason for this?? looks like will need to start using those shopa docket 4cents a litre discount things just keep it under a dollar a litre
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/03/04 11:57 PM Posted 19/03/04 11:57 PM It wasnt that long ago when Avgas was $1 a litre....
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 20/03/04 12:05 AM Posted 20/03/04 12:05 AM It wasnt that long ago when Avgas was $1 a litre.... that was some good sh*t!!Scotty
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 20/03/04 12:26 AM Posted 20/03/04 12:26 AM Well Brisbane usually has the cheapest fuel prices in AU but at my local BP service station "BP Ultimate" PULP was $1.03 per ltr last night..."OUCH".
X-WING Member 811 Member For: 22y 10m 8d Location: BRISBANE Posted 20/03/04 12:47 AM Posted 20/03/04 12:47 AM (edited) Shell Optimax Albany Creek Brisbane 98.6cLIs there some way we can set up a up 2 date fuel price watch on this site that members ad to ? Edited 20/03/04 12:50 AM by X-WING
tupperware Member 113 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Location: South Brizzy Posted 20/03/04 02:42 AM Posted 20/03/04 02:42 AM I'm surprised the prices haven't risen earlier. Our only saving grace has been the health of the Aussie dollar. Currently the crude oil price is fairly high ($38US/bbl) which directly impacts the price at the pump.Refineries in Australia buy oil in Yank dollars. We've been lucky enough that as the oil price has risen so has our Dollar. Unfortunately as our dollar drops the pump price will go up.I wouldn't be too surprised if the $$ difference between the ULP & 98 RON fuels reduces as ULP hits or goes over $1/L. Most of us have probably noticed the relative increase for the higher RON fuels since they were released. It comes down to the theory that if we're happy to pay extra for the better fuels, the oil companies are happy to charge extra for them, just so long as we keep buying the same volume.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now