BF Falcon rims and tyres questions

ltca

• Member For: 1m 16d

Hi All,

I've got a set of mustang rims for my BF Falcon - yes, I'm aware the offset is way out of wack, I'm getting spacers machined to fixed that.

My question is - what offset is ideal for 19x9.5 rims? For whoever runs them, would I be able to get away with 35 or would I need to go down to 20/25.

Cheers guys.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 3m 17d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:'

19x9.5 basically won't fit on the front of a B-series falcon without camber and/or majorly rolled+pumped (or in the extreme, cut and flared) guards unless you have ridiculous guard gaps (e.g. really high suspension, possibly even higher than OEM...). To clear the front suspension upright you need an offset of 25 or lower (e.g. can't go 26+ offset, as 25 offset is ~6.5mm closer to the suspension upright) as there's ~7mm of gap between an OEM 8" wide rim with it's 37.5 offset. For the outer clearance you have ~9mm with OEM guards (e.g. not rolled) and 9.5" pokes a lot more (~32mm extra) even at perfect inner offset of ~25:

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=37.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=25

For the rear, you can go up to 48 offset as that would sit ~29.6mm closer to the rear suspension trailing arm and you have ~30mm of space there with the OEM 8" wide rims with their 37.5 offset. Depending on what offset you go you can have the rims more flush etc as you have ~15mm of clearance in OEM form to an unrolled guard.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=235&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=37.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=48

You can see how hard I had to work to fit a 20x9 on the front of my car without camber... lots of rolling and pumping and it still hits the guard in extreme scenarios :)
https://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/96768-tsw-bathurst-on-ba-xr6t-f20x930r20x1040/

• 2 weeks later...

You gave me everything I need, thank you so much for that!

Good news is I didn't know that the fronts were staggered, fitting at 19x9, meaning that I can defs work the fronts to fit.

I talked to my tyre shop and they reckon I can get by with 19x9 fronts with 32.5mm offset, this means I only have to run generic 20mm spacers to offset the 52.5mm it comes with. 

Even though its 7.7mm closer in, I'll see what fiddling I can do for it to clear properly. Fingers crossed. Your other post helps heaps too to put me on the right path.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

No worries, happy to help :spoton: yeah, that 7.7mm closer on the front-inner might require some dodgy stuff to get it to work... a 20mm spacer isn't a great solution... but no more dodgy than trimming a control arm to clear the 7.7mm... 

Yeah its a bit dodgy, another problem I'm racing due to my limited actually reading of the rims is the fact that the fronts are 9' ET 45, 20mm will get it to +25 but I am assuming that theres no possible way to get that 9' +25 to work without major guard destruction, my final question is what is the offset range for a 19x9 to fit? It'll be ~25.2mm sitting out extra. Appreciate it!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

9" MIGHT work with +32 (but it also might hit the inside).

9" with +31 will clear the inside (with a minimum of +18.2mm on the outside)

The +25 you are talking about can work, with a LOT of guard work, or really high suspension that never gets close enough to hit the guard :)