Advice on removing and installing new PPS unit ( Accelerator Pedal Sensor)

fox1972

• Member For: 5y 7m 4d

Makes sense though....even though it had enough power to start the engine, the sensors would have all been out of their voltage range,  triggering limp mode. No wonder it threw 20 codes for just about everything.  These are the codes that it threw...the complete list.

PO21      Intake cam

PO22      Cam not in position to crank

PO124    TPS or PPS error

PO172    System to rich

PO221    Throttle Position Sensor

PO223    Voltage output PPS or TPS to high

PO224    PPS Sensor switch B

PO351    Cylinder 1 Coil fault

PO356    Ignition Coil F Circuit Malfunction

PO1270  RPM Or Speed out of calibrated range

PO2100  Throttle Actuator A Control Motor Circuit Out Of Range

PO2105  Throttle Actuator Control System

PO2110  Major Failure In Throttle Actuator

PO2138  Throttle Position Sensor Or PPS Voltage Correlation Problem

PO2139  TPS Or PPS Switch D And F Voltage Correlation Problem.

I did have lots of starting issues and big voltage drops starting the car before this all happened.

• Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update....the car still ran a little rough after the new battery...especially idle when cold, but has been like that for quite a while. It also had a very slight hesitation too. On the weekend, I changed both cam senors (Genuine), no burnt wiring on the exhaust side...but wrapped in shielding anyway. I also changed the MAP sensor(Genuine), and removed all injectors ( DEKA's) and gave them a good clean using the poor man method, battery and throttle body cleaner. I re-flashed the tune, started it up, and idled perfectly. Taken it for a few good drives, and I cannot believe how smooth it is. Hasn't been this smooth since I bought it. Feels like driving a new car, and all my power is back too. Spins the wheels at 80ks in third.....hasn't done that for a long long time. It's no longer running rich either. The injectors were pretty dirty with some slight carbon buildup. I noticed the drastic difference in the spray pattern as I cleaned them. Kinda reminded me of a dirty shower head with limescale. Anyway...car is running great.....finally.

• Like 2

I'm stoked Keith...hasn't run this good in a long time.

NOTE to self....every major 6 Month service....remove injectors...and clean them. Also...cam sensor on intake side barley had any magnetism....wouldn't pick up a small spanner...the new one did easily.