My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 5d Posted 01/12/23 04:38 AM Posted 01/12/23 04:38 AM Good afternoon guys, I have an 03 BA XR6 Turbo. The ABS light is on and when I scan for codes I get: Code: B1342 - ECU internal fault Module: Antilock braking system ECU internal fault. Has anyone had this fault before? Is it an ECU or ABS problem? Is there a way of telling without buying a new ABS module/pump? Thanks in advance,
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/23 04:48 AM Posted 01/12/23 04:48 AM Have you tried applying the brakes hard from a reasonable speed to zero again to intentionally activate ABS to see if it's activating? A lot of ABS module faults can be fixed by just cleaning the ABS sensors near the back of the brake rotors.
My_XR6_Turbo Member 282 Member For: 22y 2m 5d Posted 01/12/23 09:28 AM Author Posted 01/12/23 09:28 AM Haven't tried jumping on them but yeah I have tried cleaning the sensors. I just printed the pinouts from the manual. I'll start probing on the weekend.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,119 Member For: 18y 5m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 01/12/23 09:31 AM Posted 01/12/23 09:31 AM If it's applying properly (when you do eventually test it) I wouldn't worry about the code, personally.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now