Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 5d
Posted

Good afternoon guys,

 

I have an 03 BA XR6 Turbo. The ABS light is on and when I scan for codes I get:

 

Code: B1342 - ECU internal fault

Module: Antilock braking system

ECU internal fault.

 

Has anyone had this fault before? Is it an ECU or ABS problem? Is there a way of telling without buying a new ABS module/pump?

 

Thanks in advance,

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Have you tried applying the brakes hard from a reasonable speed to zero again to intentionally activate ABS to see if it's activating? 

 

A lot of ABS module faults can be fixed by just cleaning the ABS sensors near the back of the brake rotors.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 5d
Posted

Haven't tried jumping on them but yeah I have tried cleaning the sensors. I just printed the pinouts from the manual. I'll start probing on the weekend.

  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 18y 5m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

If it's applying properly (when you do eventually test it) I wouldn't worry about the code, personally.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...