New wheels for XR6T....need advice.

fox1972

• Member For: 5y 6m 16d

Hi everyone....

I have a BA Series II XR6T with the standard suspension...nothing modified. I'm shortly about to purchase some 19 inch Vertini magic concave wheels (as soon as their back in stock). Available widths are 8.5, 9.5, 11. I can pretty much choose what offset I want. My question is....what width and offset should I run on the front and the rear. I want it to look sporty but neat and clean looking...after all...I am 50.

Regards..

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 18d

I think 19x8.5+38 is best for the fronts and should fit reasonably well and potentially no guard work at stock suspension height.

e.g. https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=36.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=8.5&offset2=38

19x9.5+45 for the rear and should fit without guard work :), especially at stock height :)

e.g. https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=45&diameter=17&wheelwidth=8&offset=36.5&width2=245&aspect2=35&wheel_size=19&wheel_width=9.5&offset2=45

Here's the measured clearances from when I changed the wheels from OEM 17x8's on my BA. Your measurements should be about the same. With the above offsets yours should fit no worries... just the fronts might need some guard work if they foul a bit on turning at full suspension travel.

On 08/08/2022 at 1:48 PM, k31th said:

Front Inner: ~9mm

Front Outer: ~15mm
Rear Inner: ~30mm

Rear Outer: ~15mm