My 2004 ford falcon xr6 won't start after turning it off

Sonia

• Member For: 2y 2m 23d

My car broke down after turning it off, the reds come on but there's no kick.

Can someone please help me as I'm told it may be the bcm but I'm not sure.

I've had the key and ignition replaced and paired by Ford to no avail. This is my pride and joy and I really want to get her fixed, as ppl say they've had some similar problems and the cars never ran again

Really far out. The trained monkeys here at Lithgow ford paired the new key and ignition and said they couldn't help me but if they were to try I'd be up the creek. What do you think it might be as I just brought a $300 century battery and the alternator was running fine. It's just like the anti theft/ immobiliser has engaged. There is no communication from key to starter what do you think my problem might be?.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 18d

well if your battery is dead (you can easily test that with a multi-meter; look up how specifically online wherever) and then if it is, it's likely your alternator or relevant charging circuit is no good.

Definitely got power in it.. I just can't work it out NRMA have tested the battery,starter motor,relays and alternater. At first I thought it was key  or key reader so I put into mechanics and got new ignition and reader they sent the car to ford to pair and the problem is the same. do you think it might be the bcm?or can think of anything else it may be? All I did was turn the car off and all the security, antitheft came on,and the stereo asked me for a code which it has never before