Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 20/02/21 10:26 PM Author Posted 20/02/21 10:26 PM I had the right shaft replaced as the outer boot was leaking but the new shaft slops around in the diff like a wooden spoon in a bowl of porridge. I'll source a set of low k used territory shafts and fit them. I read to use a straight 140w mineral oil. Any oil used should be a mineral based on and rated at least 80-90w/140 with no friction modifiers. At some point the truetrac will have to come out and get binned (or sell on fleabay) and replaced with a new unit. But that's a $2.5k job that can wait for a later date. Thanks for the feedback. 1
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 10/04/21 04:26 AM Author Posted 10/04/21 04:26 AM Done my dash with this piece of garbage. It appears Eaton don't want to know about it so I'm about to make it Motospec's problem as they're the supplier. I'll be demanding a full refund as the unit is not fit for purpose under consumer law. I'm happy to lawyer up if necessary and make them pay for my costs. Looks like I'll be fitting a stock Dana LSD as the KAAZ isn't exactly trouble and maintenance free motoring. The KAAZ requires specific run-in procedure and very regular oil changes using their specific oil. Their LSD is probably reserved for motorsport and competition use only.
FormulaFG Legacy Donating Member 68 Member For: 12y 3m 22d Posted 10/04/21 11:04 PM Posted 10/04/21 11:04 PM Geez that's really unfortunate mate. Have you considered a wavetrac?
Romulus Legacy Donating Member 1,279 Member For: 21y 9m 6d Location: Perth Posted 11/04/21 01:01 AM Author Posted 11/04/21 01:01 AM No as the wavetrac has a similar design. Don't want to take the risk as it's a $600 job to R & R the rear end plus the work on the diff.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now