Po236 p0237 boost circuit codes and tune advice

Joel0201

• Member For: 5y 1m 10d

Hey guys I have a bf turbo which has been modded and has a quite old tune. mods include cooler/injectors/pump/surge tank/3.5inch exhaust. I was told the engine could be built for big power rods ect but not sure now,
my car is currently throwing up the code p0236 and p0237 could this be in the tune or should I replace the boost sensor (is the a way to measure the boost sensor?) could this be a map related issue??

also

The car seams to run fine boost to 14psi no dramas however when I am sitting at lights or the car is left on idle it seams to hunt like rmp jumps up and down slightly

thank you guys 

Edited by Joel0201

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 16d

well, when P0236 and P0237 are there, the BPS is likely faulting... it should be at 0.3 volts on it's signal at 10kPa and up to 3.7 volts at 200kPa (1.8 to 2.2 volts at atmospheric pressure).

depends when the build of your car is if it has a better motor straight out f the factory... after June 2006 is the point where they changed over.

if it's running 14psi fine then the T-MAP sensor is probably compensating for the BPS and the tune is allowing it to run fine... but the hunting idle could be a dirty throttle or throttle related ducting (or if that's all fine then the tune doesn't have a great idle characteristic).

• Member For: 5y 1m 10d

Awesome I’ll grab the meter out and check the wiring. ill also check all of the throttle body and give it a clean too might as well. 
I did just get a text from the original owner the car had a high flowed turbo on it but they put a standard one back on it. Could that also be adding to the mix?

Note on boost at 14 it feels pretty solid 

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 16d

if it didn't get put back to a tune relating to the "stock" turbo then it could be causing issues... but those sort of issues would more happen in the other way, e.g. on boost it would struggle but would be fine at idle.