Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

G'day guys 

 

So recently I did an oil change on my old mans 335 GT. When I was draining the engine oil I only managed to get about 6-7 litters out of it. That includes the oil filter as well.

This doesn't seem right to me considering its meant to 8.5 litters. Is there something I may be missing or doing wrong? Or do other people find they get the same thing? 

Its running with 5w30 Gulf Western oil. 

  • Dropping a turd
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Difficult one to know. But I always check the oil level before I drain it.

 

How much oil went back in ??

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 6m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Baldivis, Wait Ages.
Posted

That’s a good point, I’ll check how much is in it before I drain it next time. I put 8.5l back into it and it was over full a little bit lol

  • 1 month later...
  • New Member
  • Member For: 6y 7m 26d
Posted

I usually buy smaller ones than these and I also check my oil level if it's at where I want it to be (5 litres)

Hope your engine oil amount issue has been solved, found ways how to fix your engine motor if that's any problem with that as well. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...