IM2QIK Member 84 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Posted 03/03/04 12:57 AM Posted 03/03/04 12:57 AM Hi all,Just wondering whats involved in changing the valve springs to stop valve float .... can the springs be changed without removing the head for cylinders 5 & 6 are very close to the firewall? Also which springs are people using as I've heard XR8, GT, and Crow springs all mentioned as suitable replacements? Is there a special tool that can be purchased to assist doing this job? All replies much appreciated
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 03/03/04 01:43 AM Posted 03/03/04 01:43 AM Pretty sure I recall Brain (BCL) say he replaced his with GT items. He'll most likely be along shortly to confirm (or deny!) this.
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 03/03/04 01:46 AM Posted 03/03/04 01:46 AM IM2QIKHi,Im having mine done this week at APS , they do them in the car I'd say there is a tool to extract the valves in the car. Im not sure what kind of springs they use .Try asking Peter from aps hes pretty helpfull.Cheers
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/03/04 01:52 AM Posted 03/03/04 01:52 AM GT Valve springs... no problems so far.
camerooch Member 129 Member For: 23y 4m 13d Location: Melbourne Posted 03/03/04 02:32 AM Posted 03/03/04 02:32 AM Refer "Typhoon" for "F.P.V Valve Springs" ??!!!!
IM2QIK Member 84 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Posted 03/03/04 02:39 AM Author Posted 03/03/04 02:39 AM Thanks guys .... yes I would be interested in what springs APS use as a replacement??? Does APS replace the valve springs in the car or do they remove the head????All help would be appreciated
TURBO4LT Member 1,533 Member For: 23y 1m 17d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 03/03/04 04:15 AM Posted 03/03/04 04:15 AM Thanks guys .... yes I would be interested in what springs APS use as a replacement??? Does APS replace the valve springs in the car or do they remove the head????All help would be appreciated Im not sure what springs they use I didnt ask, Im having the Phase lll upgrade and the springs at the same time. Peter told me they do them without removing the head, aparently its a b*tch of a job. I think the valve job is about $600 .
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 5d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 03/03/04 04:26 AM Posted 03/03/04 04:26 AM Peter, will your NSW distributers be getting the special tool?I heard it will be double the price to have them fitted otherwise.
aps Member 1,505 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Posted 03/03/04 05:38 AM Posted 03/03/04 05:38 AM Peter, will your NSW distributers be getting the special tool?I heard it will be double the price to have them fitted otherwise.G'day owna , We are currently looking at making a number of these special tools so that our dealers interstate can change the valve springs without removing the cylinder head. I hope that the tool will be available in approx 4 weeks. PeterAPS
IM2QIK Member 84 Member For: 22y 10m 14d Posted 03/03/04 05:54 AM Author Posted 03/03/04 05:54 AM Hi Peter, can you elaborate on what type of valve springs you use to replace the orginals??? Also will your dealers in QLD recieve the special tool as well??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now