Joshuam08 New Member 16 Member For: 7y 11m 18d Posted 21/10/18 11:27 PM Posted 21/10/18 11:27 PM Hi all, I noticed on my G6E that when I go over a decent bump/pot hole etc on my left rear wheel, I can hear a bit of a knock inside the cabin which I can't usually here if the other 3 wheels go over any bumps. When I go over a speed bump with all wheels, there is no bump as I'm guessing more of the load is distributed. The noise isn't loud enough that I think a strut it about to burst through the body but I was just curious if anyone might have any ideas what that could be so I could get it fixed up? Thanks in advance
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,122 Member For: 18y 6m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/10/18 12:27 AM Posted 22/10/18 12:27 AM sounds like a rear trailing arm bush failure, based on how you've described it... but could realistically be anything in the rear suspension as we do tend to delicately drive over speed bums instead of the hard hits a pothole or bump will cause
Joshuam08 New Member 16 Member For: 7y 11m 18d Posted 22/10/18 01:38 AM Author Posted 22/10/18 01:38 AM Would that be something that a mechanic could see fairly easily to check?It's going in for a ZF service in a couple of weeks so curious to see if they could give it a quick look while they are there, or if it involves a lot of stuffing about. Potholes was probably a bad way to describe it, as I do avoid potholes. The roads I have to drive on are unfortunately fairly crap so there are a few small depressed parts of roads on the edges which is how I noticed it.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,122 Member For: 18y 6m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/10/18 02:26 AM Posted 22/10/18 02:26 AM yes, it's easy enough to look at and diagnose a trailing arm bush issue.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now