Christov Member 16 Member For: 15y 23d Posted 14/07/18 05:30 AM Posted 14/07/18 05:30 AM Howdy, After some general advice. 2014 FG Mk2 XR6 Turbo, Auto. My car was last tuned with 3.46 diff gears (stupid idea to change the diff ratio I know). On Monday 23rd July I'm having a new diff put in with factory 2.73 ratio. Question - will I need to get my car re-tuned? From a time saving perspective I'm hoping not, but boost will come on way lower in the rev range than with the 3.46 gears. I estimate in Gears 1, 2 and 3 probably over 1000rpm earlier. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/07/18 06:06 AM Posted 14/07/18 06:06 AM I wouldn't have thought so. Most important thing is, is the speedo reading correctly.
Christov Member 16 Member For: 15y 23d Posted 14/07/18 06:11 AM Author Posted 14/07/18 06:11 AM Thanks. I'm having the axel ratio changed in some dealership level tool.
NA_TURBO Member 532 Member For: 10y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 14/07/18 11:20 AM Posted 14/07/18 11:20 AM Why are you changing the diff ratio back? I'm guessing ZF auto?
Christov Member 16 Member For: 15y 23d Posted 14/07/18 12:38 PM Author Posted 14/07/18 12:38 PM Correct, 3.46 with the ZF was horrible to drive.
NA_TURBO Member 532 Member For: 10y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 14/07/18 12:52 PM Posted 14/07/18 12:52 PM Oh ok, I was just curious as I've got a BF with the ZF and changed mine to 3.46 LSD. What didn't you like about it?
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 14/07/18 03:28 PM Posted 14/07/18 03:28 PM 1st would be crap, but the rest should be ok. that's unless you have big power, then it would just be wheel spin.
NA_TURBO Member 532 Member For: 10y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 14/07/18 05:14 PM Posted 14/07/18 05:14 PM 1st is crap anyway haha
Christov Member 16 Member For: 15y 23d Posted 14/07/18 10:55 PM Author Posted 14/07/18 10:55 PM 1-4th were crap. 400kwish
arronm Dropping a turd Legacy Donating Member 9,520 Member For: 18y 11m 4d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 15/07/18 06:08 AM Posted 15/07/18 06:08 AM Well there you go. Its goes the more power you have the higher the ratio you need . So with 500rwkw, I could go from 3.73 to 3.46 or 2.73. Going the other way just makes wheel spin. BUT if you have say 240rwkw then going from 3.46 to 3.73 would give better acceleration.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now