FG Falcon ABS FAULT

rob2489

• Member For: 13y 4m 1d

Hi Guy's

it's been a while but I have been lurking just not posting. My fg Ute went in for new front rotors, pads & wheel bearing hub replacement yesterday. I supplied all parts got a call to say the car was throwing up an ABS fault as soon as you drive it . He scanned it and it read a abs fault left front. Said it was likely one of my new hubs may have been faulty. Due to time he ordered another hub through his supplier fitted it and still the same fault. Not sure what to do at this point so after reading in this forum about the brake pedal switch common fault causing an ABS fault I suggested changing that as it's cheap.

He is not convinced that will fix it as the brake lights work (and he doesn't want to guess and throw parts at it). I asked if he has interfered with the abs sensor but he was 100% convinced he has not done anything to it in anyway.

Where do I go to from here? should I get him to put the old hub on and see if the abs fault comes up if it does it must be the abs sensor, if it goes away could it be the non genuine hub?

sorry guy's for the questions - this should have been a very simple on & off job but it's fast becoming not & I'm out of idea's

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

Just because you're out of ideas doesn't mean you need to post three threads on the topic...

There's an ABS sensor just behind the discs that can easily get dirty in the process of installing the discs. Make sure it's clean before putting the discs on.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 17d

it's all good, I've fixed it all up. :spoton:

So yeah, either dirty or faulty ABS sensor(s). Clean and/or replace those if necessary.

• Like 1