ba xr6 turbo upgrades

micka turbz

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 4d

Yeah forgot to say the engine block is strong, the BA internals are the weak point but can be pushed to decent numbers if the person doing the tuning is careful...generally it's better to replace the rods though to avoid unexpected and expensive "outings".

• Member For: 7y 9m 12d

Good info guys.. So looking at a 4inch dump  twin cat system into a single 4 system?? All custom stainless. Already have flash tuner but thinkn they'll have to reflash/reprogram getn bigger injectors, Bigger intercooler,ss growler induction,valves an bigger injectors an modifed wastgate better fuel pump to. Cant quite afford to get the relo for throttle,battery an air filter. Going to do most the work except modified wastgate an get put on a trailer to get tuned.. Would like to know if that sounds like a okay set up an what sort of power will I be pushing out?? And if im going down the wrong path cheers? Oh an a b m tranny cooler with thermo fan or pwr, like the boys have said is a must. Going for this setup as its in my price range!! 

Edited by micka turbz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 5d

You would be better off saving your coin and getting a full cooler/intake kit. 

Dont waste your money on a growler.

In regards to exhaust, plenty of off the shelf exhausts in the specs you stated. Unless your getting a great deal on a custom job, look at xforce or smb 

• Member For: 7y 9m 12d

Not sure will have to find out about the cats?? The system is good for 600kw an hybrid has opposite sides. How much for throttle relo?? As im busting my nuts on the budget. Is it easy to do urself im quite a hands on guy. I use to do most my work on my groupa supercharged stroker in a h..... not sure if I can say that word on here as it mite be taboo✌

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 8y 10d

Throttle relo u mite be able to find second hand? For a few hundred 

Intakes are not very expensive either, under $500.

If u are confident enough to do most the work urself? 

U will save a few grand plus with the cheap cooler your saving a fair chunck there to.

As for Rods & pistons,

Ebay has a few options for under $800 but its the engine work and time doing it that costs plenty!!

Better off researching for a fg xr6 t or F6 short tbh. New 3-4k second hand 2-3k

One of the first things I was told on here was, bolt on as much as possible to help the block as they need it.

Again what is your end goal?

Having a target in mind will help us provide better info.